Home Server (Media Server) News
TiVo chooses ACCESS NetFront Living Connect media sharing solution
Sep 10, 2012 – ACCESS CO. has announced that TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has chosen ACCESS’ NetFront™ Living Connect media sharing solution to allow consumers with a TiVo® Premiere DVR to enjoy content from PCs, NAS devices, tablets, smartphones and other connected devices on their main TV.
News categories: ACCESS CO, TiVo Inc, Cable TV, Digital TV, DLNA, Home Networking, Home Server, IBC, Middleware, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
STMicroelectronics Leads the Way to the Ultimate Connected Home
Sep 6, 2012 – At IBC, STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) is demonstrating the company's STiH416 ('Orly') connected-home System-on-Chip (SoC) device with Twonky Server software from PacketVideo to enable the ultimate connected-home experience.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, PacketVideo, Digital TV, DLNA, Gateway, Home Networking, Home Server, IBC, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, UPnP
UK Video Connected Devices to Grow 74% in 2012 to 24 Million
Jun 27, 2012 – The United Kingdom is Western Europe's leading market for connected devices, with an estimated 13.8 million devices receiving over-the-top video content at end-2011, a figure up 114.1% year-over-year from 2010, according to SNL Kagan research.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Home Server, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, UK
Video Infrastructure Market Tops $800 Million in 2011; Set-Top Boxes Get Cheaper
Apr 18, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from two recently published video equipment reports 'Video-on-Demand (VOD) and Encoder Equipment and Video Subscribers' and 'Set-Top Boxes and Subscribers'.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Home Server, Infrastructure, IPTV, Market Research, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
RVU Alliance™ Remote User Interface Now Included in DLNA® Interoperability Guidelines
Mar 19, 2012 – The Digital Living Network Alliance® (DLNA®) and the RVU Alliance™ have announced that the RVU Alliance Remote User Interface (RUI) has been incorporated into the DLNA Interoperability Guidelines.
News categories: RVU Alliance, Digital Living Network Alliance, DLNA, Gateway, Home Networking, Home Server, Middleware
Technicolor to embed Quantenna MIMO technology in its connected home products
Feb 21, 2012 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH) has announced that it is supporting the delivery of video over wireless within the home, thanks to the integration of Quantenna's Wi-Fi 5GHz 4x4 MIMO technology into its next generation set top boxes and access gateways.
News categories: Technicolor, Quantenna, Gateway, Home Networking, Home Server, Personal Video Recorder, Semiconductor, Wireless
Multi-Screen Content Consumption Transitions from Hype to Reality
Feb 2, 2012 – According to a new report by IMS Research, shipments of residential data modems and gateways will reach 135 million in 2012, and shipments of IP-enabled consumer electronics devices will approach 2.5 billion, rising to 3.5 billion in 2015.
News categories: IMS Research, Cable Modem, Digital TV, DLNA, Gateway, Home Networking, Home Server, Market Research, Router
ViXS Systems Collaborates with Qualcomm Atheros to Develop Home Network Media Gateways
Jan 10, 2012 – ViXS is collaborating with Qualcomm Atheros (Nasdaq: QCOM) to deliver an n-Screen Home Multimedia Gateway platform that can distribute multiple HD quality streams across mobile and fixed screen devices on any of the widely used home networks.
News categories: Atheros, ViXS Systems, CES, Home Networking, Home Server, HomePlug, MoCA, Semiconductor, Wireless
- HbbTV three-way partnership launches integrated toolbox for broadcasters at BCA
- VeriSilicon introduces Hantro G2 video decoder IP with HEVC and VP9 support
- The days of fast global pay TV revenue growth are over
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013