Home Server (Media Server) News
Samsung HomeSync brings features of Galaxy devices to the TV
Oct 3, 2013 – Samsung Mobile has announced that Samsung HomeSync™, a household Android™ media center for storing, synchronizing and streaming content across multiple devices, will be available in the US beginning October 6.
News categories: Samsung, Home Networking, Home Server, Multiscreen, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Transcoding technology from STMicroelectronics connects digital homes to everything, everywhere, all the time
Sep 12, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has introduced a transcoding engine that enables a home gateway to distribute any type of content to any type of connected device in the home. The engine is set to become an integral part of all ST's Home Gateway solutions.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Gateway, Home Networking, Home Server, IBCShow, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
ViXS media processor selected by Sony for Personal Content Station
Jul 18, 2013 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced that the ViXS XCode 4210, an SoC for consumer media devices, has been selected by Sony for its newly launched Personal Content Station LLS-201 (PCS) product.
News categories: ViXS, Sony Corp, Digital TV, Home Networking, Home Server, Semiconductor
TiVo chooses ACCESS NetFront Living Connect media sharing solution
Sep 10, 2012 – ACCESS CO. has announced that TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has chosen ACCESS' NetFront™ Living Connect media sharing solution to allow consumers with a TiVo® Premiere DVR to enjoy content from PCs, NAS devices, tablets, smartphones and other connected devices on their main TV.
News categories: ACCESS CO, TiVo Inc, Cable TV, Digital TV, DLNA, Home Networking, Home Server, IBCShow, Middleware, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
STMicroelectronics Leads the Way to the Ultimate Connected Home
Sep 6, 2012 – At IBC, STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) is demonstrating the company's STiH416 ('Orly') connected-home System-on-Chip (SoC) device with Twonky Server software from PacketVideo to enable the ultimate connected-home experience.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, PacketVideo, Digital TV, DLNA, Gateway, Home Networking, Home Server, IBCShow, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, UPnP
UK Video Connected Devices to Grow 74% in 2012 to 24 Million
Jun 27, 2012 – The United Kingdom is Western Europe's leading market for connected devices, with an estimated 13.8 million devices receiving over-the-top video content at end-2011, a figure up 114.1% year-over-year from 2010, according to SNL Kagan research.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Home Server, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, UK
Video Infrastructure Market Tops $800 Million in 2011; Set-Top Boxes Get Cheaper
Apr 18, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from two recently published video equipment reports 'Video-on-Demand (VOD) and Encoder Equipment and Video Subscribers' and 'Set-Top Boxes and Subscribers'.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Home Server, Infrastructure, IPTV, Market Research, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
RVU Alliance™ Remote User Interface Now Included in DLNA® Interoperability Guidelines
Mar 19, 2012 – The Digital Living Network Alliance® (DLNA®) and the RVU Alliance™ have announced that the RVU Alliance Remote User Interface (RUI) has been incorporated into the DLNA Interoperability Guidelines.
News categories: RVU Alliance, Digital Living Network Alliance, DLNA, Gateway, Home Networking, Home Server, Middleware
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households
- South Africa to switch on digital TV by April 1, 2014
- Kidoodle TV OTT service for children launches in USA and Canada
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense