Digital TV News: BSkyB
More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
May 16, 2013 — The European Audiovisual Observatory has just taken stock of on-demand audiovisual services on the occasion of the Cannes Film Market. These data are available in the MAVISE database, which has now been expanded to cover on-demand audiovisual services in Europe.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Europe, Market Research
Freesat now in 1.7 million UK homes
May 1, 2013 — Freesat, the UK’s free-to-air digital satellite television provider has announced 2012/13 results. Having added c.150,000 homes in the last 12 months, Freesat remains the UK's fastest growing established TV platform, and continues to outgrow Pay-TV rivals.
News categories: Freesat, Market Research, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
BSkyB's NOW TV extends reach with Roku launch
Nov 28, 2012 — BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has announced that NOW TV, its internet TV service is now available on Roku streaming players. NOW TV offers instant access to Sky Movies with no contract, set-up costs or installation.
News categories: BSkyB, Roku, NOW TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
Cable TV Losing Subscribers to Satellite and IPTV
Nov 20, 2012 — Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its November 2012 Pay TV Services and Subscribers report, which forecasts and analyzes the telco Internet protocol television (IPTV), cable video, and satellite video services markets.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
OTT and Operator-Owned Multiscreen Service Penetration in UK to Exceed 75% and 52% Respectively by 2017
Nov 19, 2012 — According to ABI Research, the UK leads Europe in the adoption of both standalone OTT and operator-owned multiscreen services. Many UK consumers fit the multi-device profile, with more than 10% of the population already boasting an average of four connected devices.
News categories: ABI Research, Market Research, OTT, TV Everywhere, UK
High Definition Sport tops the league in European television
Oct 9, 2012 — The European Audiovisual Observatory has announced European television market figures. HD channel growth continues to explode with a total of 941 in October. Sports, film, and those of the main generalist broadcasters are the most dominant channels in HD.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, EU, Europe, Market Research
SES Successfully Launches ASTRA 2F Satellite
Oct 1, 2012 — SES (Paris:SESG)(LuxX:SESG) has announced that its new ASTRA 2F satellite was successfully launched on Friday, 28 September, on board an Ariane 5 rocket from Kourou, French Guiana. This is SES’ 36th successful launch on Ariane.
News categories: SES S.A, Ariane, Infrastructure, Ireland, Satellite, UK
MTV is Europe's top distributed channel
Sep 26, 2012 — MTV is carried by more European operators than any other channel, according to a new report from Digital TV Research. However, the TV Channel Distribution in Europe report points out that several other channels are close behind.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Europe, Market Research
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision