Digital TV News: Humax
Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
May 16, 2013 — According to a survey from market research firm Infonetics, broadband data, IPTV, WiFi hotspot access, and VoIP are the main applications operator respondents are currently offering using a residential gateway.
News categories: Infonetics, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
Ziggo digital pay TV subscribers down 20,000 in 1Q 2013
Apr 17, 2013 — Ziggo N.V. has released Q1 2013 results. The number of digital TV subscribers increased slightly by 2,000 to 2.23 million, representing a penetration of 81.8% of Ziggo's consumer customer base.
News categories: Ziggo, Cable TV, Digital TV, Netherlands, Results, Set Top Box
World Premiere: Ziggo's fully cloud-based interactive DVB-C TV service
Mar 5, 2013 — Ziggo has announced the launch of the first fully cloud-based interactive DVB-C TV service in the world. By combining IP protocol use with the DVB-C television standard, even devices without inbuilt hardware functionality for interactivity can now make use of interactive services via cable.
News categories: Ziggo, Cable TV, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Middleware, Netherlands
Entropic Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2012 Results
Feb 5, 2013 — SAN DIEGO — Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR), a world leader in semiconductor solutions for the connected home, today reported its fourth quarter and fiscal year results for the period ended December 31, 2012. Entropic reported fourth quarter net revenues of $89.7 million, a slight decrease compared with $89.8 million in the third quarter of 2012. Service Provider [...]
News categories: Entropic, Gateway, Home Networking, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Opera TV Store integrated with MediaTek's Smart TV chipsets
Feb 5, 2013 — Opera has announces that MediaTek has integrated the Opera TV Store with its Smart TV chipsets. Manufacturers that use MediaTek chipsets can now provide web functionality and application environments for their TVs, set-top boxes and media players.
News categories: Opera Software, MediaTek, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Humax set-top boxes to carry HTML5-powered Opera TV Store
Jan 9, 2013 — Humax will launch the Opera TV Store on its new set-top boxes in 2013. Customers are able to enhance their connected TV experience simply by selecting and installing web apps from the HTML5-powered Opera TV Store.
News categories: Opera Software, Humax, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Humax Enters Production of Next Generation DIRECTV 'Genie' Server
Jan 8, 2013 — Humax (115160.KQ) has announced the recent approval for production of their DIRECTV (NASDAQ: DTV) HR44-500 'Genie' server, which will be combined with the Humax-manufactured C41-500 'mini Genie' client which is currently undergoing final certification.
News categories: Humax, DIRECTV, Digital TV, DLNA, Gateway, Home Networking, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Humax launches <free time> satellite set-top box in the UK
Oct 25, 2012 — Humax (115160.KQ) has announced that it will provide a set-top box (model name: HDR-1000S) capable of receiving <free time>, a new generation satellite hybrid broadcast service in the UK. The box will be the UK's first <free time> set-top box.
News categories: Humax, Freesat, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision