Digital TV News: Netgem
Gains in Asia and Latin America STB markets won’t offset declines in N. America, W. Europe
Oct 31, 2013 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Set-Top Boxes and Pay TV Subscribers report. There are real STB unit shipment declines occurring in America and Europe that won’t be offset by growth in Asia Pacific and Latin America until 2014.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
eircom's eVision TV launches with Netgem STBs
Oct 17, 2013 – Netgem has announced that Ireland's eircom has started rolling out its new eVision TV service based on Netgem's technologies. The service is delivered via Netgem's 7700 series STB and its mediacenter 8000 PVR series allowing eircom to offer both main room and multiroom options.
News categories: Netgem, eircom, Christophe Aulnette, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box
Apple's HTTP Live Streaming tops list of preferred OTT video streaming services
Jul 16, 2013 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its IP Set-Top Box Features and Vendor Leadership: Global Service Provider Survey, which analyzes the trends and assesses the needs of service providers deploying IP set-top boxes (STBs) to deliver video services.
News categories: Infonetics Research, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Cable set-top boxes buck usual Q1 lull
Jul 1, 2013 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its 1st quarter 2013 (1Q13) Set-Top Boxes and Pay TV Subscribers market share and forecast report. The global set-top box market totaled $4.4 billion in 1Q13, a decline of 5% from 4Q12.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Microsoft Extends Lead to 23% of the IPTV Middleware Market
Nov 7, 2012 – Microsoft's Mediaroom IPTV platform leads the IPTV middleware market and continues to grow in market share as of mid-2012 to 23% of deployed IPTV boxes, according to ABI Research. ZTE and Huawei also play strongly in the market.
News categories: ABI Research, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware
Satellite STBs Surge in Q2
Oct 17, 2012 – According to Infonetics Research, satellite set-top boxes surged in Q2, with global shipments up 20% and revenue up 19% sequentially. The biggest growth is coming from the Asia Pacific region but growth is also strong in the Americas.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
Sure chooses Netgem for its Hybrid TV services
Oct 16, 2012 – Netgem (Paris: NTG FP 7537; ETGM) has announced that Sure, part of Cable & Wireless Communications, has partnered with Netgem to launch a new hybrid IPTV service for its customers in the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
News categories: Netgem, Sure, Channel Islands, Digital TV, DVB-T2, IPTV, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box, UK
SeaChange Shows Europe's MultiScreen Video Progress for Monetizing On-Demand and Broadcast Services at IBC2012
Sep 4, 2012 – SeaChange International (Nasdaq: SEAC) will use IBC2012 to show how video service providers across Europe are deploying SeaChange software to create and monetize on-demand and broadcast multi-screen services for TVs, tablets, smartphones, and PCs.
News categories: SeaChange, Europe, IBCShow, Infrastructure, Middleware
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal