Digital TV News: Netgem
Microsoft Extends Lead to 23% of the IPTV Middleware Market
Nov 7, 2012 – Microsoft’s Mediaroom IPTV platform leads the IPTV middleware market and continues to grow in market share as of mid-2012 to 23% of deployed IPTV boxes, according to ABI Research. ZTE and Huawei also play strongly in the market.
News categories: ABI Research, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware
Satellite STBs Surge in Q2
Oct 17, 2012 – According to Infonetics Research, satellite set-top boxes surged in Q2, with global shipments up 20% and revenue up 19% sequentially. The biggest growth is coming from the Asia Pacific region but growth is also strong in the Americas.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
Sure chooses Netgem for its Hybrid TV services
Oct 16, 2012 – Netgem (Paris: NTG FP 7537; ETGM) has announced that Sure, part of Cable & Wireless Communications, has partnered with Netgem to launch a new hybrid IPTV service for its customers in the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
News categories: Netgem, Sure, Channel Islands, Digital TV, DVB-T2, IPTV, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box, UK
SeaChange Shows Europe's MultiScreen Video Progress for Monetizing On-Demand and Broadcast Services at IBC2012
Sep 4, 2012 – SeaChange International (Nasdaq: SEAC) will use IBC2012 to show how video service providers across Europe are deploying SeaChange software to create and monetize on-demand and broadcast multi-screen services for TVs, tablets, smartphones, and PCs.
News categories: SeaChange, Europe, IBC, Infrastructure, Middleware
Big Year for Multi-Screen TV
Jul 31, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from two recent reports. The first tracks equipment sold to telco IPTV, cable video, and satellite video providers. The second tracks IP, cable, satellite, and hybrid set-top boxes and OTT media servers.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
Operators Name Cisco Top Dog in IP Set-Top Boxes
Jul 31, 2012 – Infonetics has released excerpts from a recent survey which captures service providers' requirements for hybrid IP set-top boxes to deliver video services. The top 3 critical IP STB applications identified were VOD, EPG and whole-home DVR.
News categories: Infonetics, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box
Viaplay selects Irdeto to secure OTT on iPhone and iPad
Jul 3, 2012 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that Viaplay, the OTT company of MTG (Stockholm: MTGA, MTGB), is using Irdeto ActiveCloak for Media to allow it to expand the range of devices from which consumers can view premium content, starting with the iPhone and iPad.
News categories: Irdeto, Viaplay, Content Protection, Denmark, DRM, Finland, Norway, OTT, Russia, Smartphone, Sweden, Tablet
Netgem partners with Zeop in La Réunion
Jun 12, 2012 – Netgem (Paris: NTG FP 7537; ETGM) has announced that Zeop, a cable and fiber operator in La Réunion, a French overseas department in the Indian Ocean, has partnered with Netgem to launch next generation TV services.
News categories: Netgem, Zeop, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, France, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
- HbbTV three-way partnership launches integrated toolbox for broadcasters at BCA
- VeriSilicon introduces Hantro G2 video decoder IP with HEVC and VP9 support
- The days of fast global pay TV revenue growth are over
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013