Digital TV News: Teleste
Teleste to discontinue own IPTV middleware development
Mar 11, 2013 — To improve its competitiveness, Teleste has decided to focus its activities on OTT products for the Ubique solution it launched in 2012. Consequently, it has decided to discontinue the development of its own IPTV middleware and to seek partnerships in this area.
News categories: Teleste, IPTV, Middleware, OTT
Finland's DNA Welho to test DVB-C2 technology
Sep 10, 2012 — DNA has commenced field tests of second-generation digital cable transmission technology, in cooperation with Teleste. Future capacity-intensive services will benefit from DVB-C2 significantly, but no decision to deploy the technology has yet been made.
News categories: DNA Oy, Teleste, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-C2, Finland
Teleste Ubique OTT Solution Secures Revenues With Verimatrix
Sep 6, 2012 — Teleste has announced its new Teleste Ubique OTT product providing a complete turnkey solution for small and mid-sized cable TV operators to offer OTT services. Verimatrix is providing Teleste Ubique with support in securing operators' revenues.
News categories: Verimatrix, Teleste, Cable TV, Content Protection, IBC, Infrastructure, TV Everywhere
Teleste launches complete OTT solution for cable operators
Aug 29, 2012 — At IBC 2012, Teleste will introduce Ubique which includes everything that cable operators need to bring TV Everywhere services to their customers. Additionally, Teleste will introduce extensions to its Luminato headend platform.
News categories: Teleste, Cable TV, IBC, Infrastructure, TV Everywhere
Cable broadband equipment market down in 3Q10 after 12 months of strong growth
Nov 18, 2010 — Infonetics Research has released its third quarter (3Q10) CMTS and Edge QAM Hardware and Subscribers report, which tracks cable modem termination systems (CMTS), edge quadrature amplitude modulation (QAM) channels, and cable broadband subscribers.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Broadband, Cable TV, DOCSIS, Infrastructure, Market Research, Subscribers
Anvia TV Selects Teleste and Verimatrix to Deploy IPTV Revenue Security Solution
Sep 13, 2010 — Teleste and Verimatrix have announced deployment of the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for IPTV network of Anvia TV, a national TV operator in Finland.
News categories: Verimatrix, Anvia, Teleste, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Finland, IBC, IPTV
Welho starts 3DTV test distribution on its network
Dec 18, 2009 — Welho has started 3DTV test distribution in its cable network in the Helsinki region in mid-December. Welho’s 3DTV test is auto-stereoscopic, offering a future viewing experience without 3D glasses.
News categories: Welho, Teleste, 3D, Cable TV, Digital TV, Finland
Teleste receives an order from Digicable, India for their Pan India IP-based digital television platform
Jun 26, 2008 — Teleste (Helsinki: TLT1V) has been selected by Digicable Network (India) Pvt Ltd to deliver their new compact IP-based digital television platform. The value of the initial order is 12 million euros.
News categories: Digicable, Teleste, Cable TV, India, Infrastructure, IPTV
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps