Azerbaijan Digital TV News
B&B TV begins DTT broadcasting in Azerbaijan
Apr 9, 2011 – Azerbaijan's leading cable TV operator B&B TV Communication has begun digital terrestrial television (DTT) broadcasting in the country's Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic.
News categories: B&B TV, Azerbaijan, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Azerbaijan plans analogue TV switch off
Feb 15, 2011 – Azerbaijan's government has approved plans for the conversion of its free-to-air television infrastructure from analogue to digital. The introduction of DVB-T broadcasting is to take place in two stages.
News categories: Ministry of Communications & Information Technologies, Azerbaijan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial
KATV1 broadcasts 3D test channel in Azerbaijan
Aug 11, 2010 – Azerbaijan cable-TV operator KATV1 has launched a 3D test channel on its network. Viewers will require special 3-D glasses, which are already available in an assortment of Baku stores.
News categories: KATV1, Azerbaijan, Cable TV, VR
Azerbaijan's ULTEL launches IPTV with Amino
Aug 1, 2010 – Ulduz Telekom (ULTEL) of Azerbaijan has launched an IPTV service to its internet customers. The service consists of 71 channels, with set-top boxes being provided by Amino Communications (AIM: AMO.L).
News categories: ULTEL, Amino, Azerbaijan, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
Azerbaijan plans DVB-T set-top box production
Nov 18, 2009 – The KUR computer equipment factory in Azerbaijan is preparing for production of DVB-T set-top boxes according to its Director General, Rizvan Osmanov. Production is expected to start in 2010.
News categories: KÃœR, Azerbaijan, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
DTT for Azerbaijan
May 5, 2008 – Azerbaijan's National TV and Radio Council reports that digital-terrestrial broadcasting will be launched in the second half of this year. The process is to start in Baku and Ganca in line with DVB-T standards.
News categories: National Television and Radio Council, Azerbaijan, Digital TV, Terrestrial
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019