Azerbaijan Digital TV News
Azerbaijan's B&B TV Chooses Thomson Transmitters for HD Broadcasts
Oct 4, 2012 – Thomson Broadcast has announced that B&B TV Communication, the entity responsible for wireless-cable broadcasting of radio and television channels in Azerbaijan, has purchased Thomson's latest DVB-T/DVB-T2 Elite 100 GreenPower transmitters.
News categories: Thomson, B&B TV, Azerbaijan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
B&B TV begins DTT broadcasting in Azerbaijan
Apr 9, 2011 – Azerbaijan's leading cable TV operator B&B TV Communication has begun digital terrestrial television (DTT) broadcasting in the country's Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic.
News categories: B&B TV, Azerbaijan, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Azerbaijan plans analogue TV switch off
Feb 15, 2011 – Azerbaijan's government has approved plans for the conversion of its free-to-air television infrastructure from analogue to digital. The introduction of DVB-T broadcasting is to take place in two stages.
News categories: Ministry of Communications & Information Technologies, Azerbaijan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial
KATV1 broadcasts 3D test channel in Azerbaijan
Aug 11, 2010 – Azerbaijan cable-TV operator KATV1 has launched a 3D test channel on its network. Viewers will require special 3-D glasses, which are already available in an assortment of Baku stores.
News categories: KATV1, Azerbaijan, Cable TV, Metaverse
Azerbaijan's ULTEL launches IPTV with Amino
Aug 1, 2010 – Ulduz Telekom (ULTEL) of Azerbaijan has launched an IPTV service to its internet customers. The service consists of 71 channels, with set-top boxes being provided by Amino Communications (AIM: AMO.L).
News categories: ULTEL, Amino, Azerbaijan, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
Azerbaijan plans DVB-T set-top box production
Nov 18, 2009 – The KUR computer equipment factory in Azerbaijan is preparing for production of DVB-T set-top boxes according to its Director General, Rizvan Osmanov. Production is expected to start in 2010.
News categories: KÃœR, Azerbaijan, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
DTT for Azerbaijan
May 5, 2008 – Azerbaijan's National TV and Radio Council reports that digital-terrestrial broadcasting will be launched in the second half of this year. The process is to start in Baku and Ganca in line with DVB-T standards.
News categories: National Television and Radio Council, Azerbaijan, Digital TV, Terrestrial
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools