Korea to switch off analogue TV in three countiesThursday, September 3rd, 2009
The Korea Communications Commission (KCC) has said that analogue TV services in Danyang (North Chungcheong Province), Uljin (North Gyeongsang Province), and Gangjin (South Jeolla Province) will be switched-off in the second half of 2010. Jeju Island will follow in 2011.
The regulator plans to subsidise converter boxes for those households that have not already bought a digital television or subscribed to pay TV.
More: Analog TV Services to Be Stopped in 3 Counties (Korea Times)
- FAST channels redefining premium video distribution
- Frontier adds integrated billing for YouTube TV
- M2A Media to debut encoder-based ad insertion at 2023 NAB Show
- GTPL Hathway partners with Broadpeak for OTT service delivery
- ZEE5 now available on Astro's Ultra and Ulti boxes
- Emitel to pilot dynamic ad insertion system in Poland