Virgin Media adds 80,800 HD DVR subscribers in 3Q09Thursday, October 29th, 2009
- TV customer net additions of 37,000 (Q3-08: 37,800) to 3.71m (Q3-08: 3.58m)
- Video-on-demand (VOD) average monthly reach of 55% of digital customers (Q3-08: 49%)
- Highest ever average VOD views of 66m per month (Q3-08: 45m)
LONDON — Virgin Media Inc. (NASDAQ: VMED; LSE: VMED) announces results for the quarter ended September 30, 2009.
Total TV net additions were 37,000 in the quarter (Q2-09: 20,400; Q3-08: 37,800).
Customers are increasingly using and being attracted by our market-leading VOD services. On a monthly basis, 55% of our digital TV customers and 69% of customers on our “XL” top basic tier use VOD. Average views per user per month in the quarter were 33 compared to 27 a year ago.
During the quarter, we added 80,800 V+ HD DVR subscribers to reach an installed base of 749,300. This represents a penetration level of 21% of our digital subscribers which leaves significant further up-sell opportunities.
Consumer Operations Statistics (‘000s):
Q3 2009 Q2 2009 Q3 2008 ------- ------- ------- Consumer RGUs Television 3,709.0 3,672.0 3,576.5 Digital TV 3,599.3 3,543.3 3,407.9 Net Consumer RGU adds Television 37.0 20.4 37.8 Digital TV 56.0 32.9 54.4
More: Earnings Release
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store