ViXS Demonstrates Latest Video Processing Solutions at IFA 2007Friday, August 31st, 2007
Leading-edge MPEG4 AVC (MPEG4 Part 10/H.264) Transcoding and Encoding for CE products
Toronto, CANADA — ViXS Systems, the leading developer of video processing solutions, today announced that it will showcase its next-generation of video processor ICs and video processing technology at IFA 2007. ViXS will have on display video processors used to manage, secure and protect broadcast-quality video in a wide range of Consumer Electronics (CE) applications. The latest video processors used for high-speed MPEG4 AVC (MPEG4 Part 10/H.264) transcoding will demonstrate how consumers can easily capture, process and distribute video throughout the home and on the go.
Solutions on display will highlight a wide range of ViXS technology that provides consumers with a rich and enjoyable video viewing experience on their CE products and mobile devices. Demonstrations and technology at the ViXS booth will showcase:
- AVC-> MPEG2 Transcoding for content reprocessing.
- AVC/MPEG2 Encoding for TV tuner/PVR designs and video capture.
- USB high-speed Transcoding for significantly faster transcoding than software transcoding.
- Recording and transferring broadcast video from a PC to portable devices such as Sony’s PlayStation Portable™ (PSP) and Apple’s iPod™.
- PCTV tuner cards that offer single and dual tuner solutions on various PC media cards including PCI, PCIe, MiniPCI, MiniCard, ExpressCard and USB.
- Reference designs which lead the market in high-performance, superior video quality and low cost.
- Media server reference kit for storing and distributing entertainment anywhere.
Sally Daub, President and CEO of ViXS, said: “We’re excited about the diversity of technology and solutions that will be showcased in our booth at IFA 2007. We will have on display a broad range of solutions focused on improving the consumer’s viewing experience as they watch, record and store video content on their CE products and mobile devices. With the technology advances ViXS has made in managing video content, visitors to our booth will see how ViXS is reshaping the way consumers store, distribute and share broadcast-quality video content in their homes and on the go.”
ViXS products, solutions and technology will be on display in booth number 117 located in Hall 25 of the Messe Berlin in Berlin, Germany.