Megacable digital cable subscribers up 89% in 2009Thursday, February 25th, 2010
GUADALAJARA, Jalisco, Mexico — Megacable Holdings S.A.B. de C.V. (“Megacable” or “the Company”) (BMV: MEGA.CPO) announced today its results for the fourth quarter and twelve-month periods ended December 31, 2009.
Despite the challenging macroeconomic environment that affected the Company in 2009, Megacable concluded the year with solid growth via the addition of new subscribers across its three most important business segments, which was achieved by the implementation of more aggressive advertising campaigns, a greater adoption of triple-play packages, as well as the reduction in average monthly churn rates. The video segment ended the year with 1,592,841 subscribers, an increase of 7%, while the Internet and telephony segments ended the year with 516,086 and 414,630 subscribers, respectively, representing increases of 21% and 50%, respectively, when comparing the fourth quarter of 2008 with the fourth quarter of 2009.
Variation 4Q09 4Q08 4Q09 vs 4Q08 --------- --------- ------------ Homes Passed 4,598,654 4,152,692 11% Two- way Network Percentage 91% 88% Cable Television Subscribers 1,592,841 1,482,761 7% Digital Cable Subscribers 311,726 164,899 89%
More: Earnings Releases
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store