RealNetworks Updates Helix Media Delivery PlatformWednesday, April 14th, 2010
- Universal platform supports broadest audience reach to any playback environment including Flash, iPhone, iPad, Silverlight
- Simplicity, reliability and performance provide best total cost of ownership
- Comprehensive media capabilities for encoding, streaming, authentication, client control, content management and playback
SEATTLE — RealNetworks®, Inc. (NASDAQ:RNWK), the digital entertainment services company, today released a new version of its Helix™ Media Delivery Platform with advancements that enable organizations to stream live and on-demand content in any format to any device.
Real’s Helix Platform provides the tools to create, deliver, monitor, monetize, organize and play digital media. The latest update includes support for Flash, MP4/H.264, Silverlight, Windows Media and QuickTime on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry and Symbian devices, creating a truly universal platform.
“Real’s Helix Platform sets the industry standard, providing consumers with the highest quality digital media experience,” said Kari Kailamaki, vice president for Helix, RealNetworks. “Our latest update makes Helix Platform the most reliable, universal and cost-effective solution for any media and any playback environment across all devices, including PCs, mobile phones and internet-connected TVs.”
The Helix Platform’s advancements include:
- Simultaneous content delivery from a single media source for iPhone, iPad, Flash Player, Silverlight, H.264 and RealVideo–simplifying video distribution for content owners
- A comprehensive set of tools that helps content owners monetize and control access to content, including enhanced client control, external authorization and streaming session logging, and management
- The ability to upload, tag, search and discover digital media quickly, particularly relevant in the education market
- Encoding into standard MP4/H.264 for maximum audience reach without requiring separate encoders to reach devices like the iPhone and iPad
- Support for rapidly building and deploying a compelling, customized mobile video viewing experience on mobile handsets supporting over 900 devices including iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, Nokia with the new Helix Rich Media Client.
RealNetworks’ Helix family of products is the market-leading software for encoding, delivery, management and playback of digital audio and video over mobile and broadband networks. With a reputation for reliability and world-class customer support, Helix is the choice of more than 100 mobile operators, many Global 1000 enterprises and the top universities.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution