NDS Selected by Comcast as Professional Services Partner and Prime Integrator for tru2way ImplementationsMonday, June 21st, 2010
- Comcast has selected NDS as the Prime Integrator to assist with its deployment of tru2way enabled devices utilizing the CableLabs Reference Implementation stack
- NDS’ professional services team will develop a comprehensive test suite for the tru2way Reference Implementation
- NDS to support Comcast and its STB vendors in enabling the Reference Implementation on their devices
COSTA MESA, Calif. — NDS Group, the leading provider of technology solutions for digital pay-TV, today announced that it has been chosen by Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK), one of the United States’ leading providers of entertainment, information and communication products and services, to be the Prime Integrator of the company’s tru2way software integration project that utilizes the CableLabs tru2way Reference Implementation (RI). Under this agreement, NDS’ Professional Services Group will lead set-top box (STB) testing, code development and success validation for the integration of new tru2way applications and devices for Comcast.
NDS will provide Comcast with services that optimize the RI stack, enabling uniform and reliable porting to tru2way STBs. This will allow Comcast to run the same applications and services across multiple models of STBs, offering a consistent user experience for subscribers and providing the company with the freedom to use a variety of hardware platforms. The NDS team will work to build the RI testing tool, implement the tests against the different STBs, develop code and assist in fixing any issues.
“We are committed to the CableLabs Reference Implementation and its deployment on tru2way devices,” said Mark Hess, SVP of Advanced Business and Technology Development at Comcast. “NDS has tremendous experience in working with video operators around the world and has proven their ability to offer reliable, timely and highly competent solutions as an integrations partner. We’re eager to begin our work together to enhance the RI, which will help advance the industry’s adoption of tru2way while also enabling us to bring our customers interactive services.”
“We at NDS are thrilled to partner with one of the country’s most forward-thinking and innovative television service providers,” said Stuart McGeechan, Vice President and General Manager of Professional Services, NDS. “Our integration and professional services work has been recognized as dependable and effective in providing complex technical solutions to the US cable market. We are greatly looking forward to integrating the secure RI application into the Comcast portfolio, as this agreement further underlines our successful approach of bringing together best of breed products and solutions while cementing our position as a reliable and trusted ‘go to’ partner for North American cable companies.”
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution