Satellite TV overtakes cable in the Czech RepublicMonday, August 23rd, 2010
The ATO (Asociace televizních organizací) and MEDIARESEARCH, a.s. have released Q2 2010 figures for the Czech Republic television market. Satellite TV reception overtook cable TV in popularity in the quarter reaching 28.9% of households compared with 24.5% for cable and IPTV.
For digital terrestrial, penetration was 41.1% at the end of June with 25.8% of households having a DVB-T set-top box, 14.4% having a DTT-capable television (IDTV) and 1.1% having a DVD player with a DVB-T tuner.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution