Gemstar-TV Guide Announces Expansion of European Patent Licensing Through Three New Agreements With Leading German-Based Consumer Electronic ManufacturersThursday, October 18th, 2007
Los Angeles, CA — Gemstar-TV Guide International, Inc. (NASDAQ: GMST), a leading media, entertainment and technology company, announced continued expansion of its patent licensing program in Europe, recently signing three new patent license agreements with leading German-based consumer electronic (CE) companies. The multi-year agreements with Loewe Opta GmbH, Metz-Werke GmbH & Co. KG and KATHREIN-Werke KG, all allow for the use of Gemstar-TV Guide’s licensed intellectual property in each company’s televisions, recorders and set-top boxes deployed in Germany and throughout Europe.
Specific terms of the agreements were not disclosed.
Lydie Levy, chief operating officer, worldwide, for Gemstar-TV Guide’s consumer electronics business said, “We are very pleased to have these agreements in place with three of Germany’s leading CE manufacturers. Like similar deals before them, these signify the increasing value of our intellectual property around the world.”
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement