RomTelecom Powers On-Demand TV Services With Espial MediaBaseTuesday, May 17th, 2011
OTTAWA — Espial® (TSX:ESP), a leader in On-Demand TV solutions, today announced that RomTelecom (ASE: HTO, NYSE: OTE) has now surpassed 35,000 IPTV subscribers with access to on-demand TV services powered by Espial MediaBase. These include timeshift-TV and video-on-demand services. RomTelecom is the incumbent telecom provider in Romania with more than 2.7 million landlines.
- Since officially launching its IPTV service in 2010, Romtelecom has rapidly grown subscribers.
- With Espial MediaBase, Romtelecom achieves industry leading performance for its on-demand TV services using COTS hardware from HP. Espial MediaBase can deliver up to 32 Gbps from a single server.
- Romtelecom will leverage the powerful multi-tier content distribution and delivery capabilities of Espial MediaBase as it scales up with subscribers and continuously extends the IPTV coverage to most of Romania cities. This will allow them to:
- stream long tail content from centralized servers and popular content from edge servers;
- use the highly efficient multicast content distribution capabilities to move new content from central to edge sites
- automatically move long tail to content to edge servers if an asset becomes popular
- The IPTV solution, including the Head End, Middleware, Espial MediaBase and the overall system integration for Romtelecom were provided by Ericsson.
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico