The First Brain Computer Interface Smart TVFriday, September 2nd, 2011
Haier Group to Release the World’s First Cloud Smart TV Powered by NeuroSky will be available for demonstration at the IFA Messe Berlin Conference
SAN JOSE, Calif. & BERLIN — IFA 2011 — The world’s first Brain-Computer Interface Technology (BCI) Smart TV will debut at the IFA Messe Berlin Conference. Manufactured by Haier, leading China consumer technology company, and Powered by NeuroSky ThinkGear technology, the Haier Cloud Smart TV offers the ability for users to interact with their Smart TV using their brains.
Demonstrations will be available at the IFA Consumer Electronics Unlimited Conference, Haier booth: Hall 3.2/stand 134. The TV is scheduled to be released in October of this year in China at a price yet to be determined.
Unlike a traditional TV, Haier’s Smart TV can interact with viewers via NeuroSky’s MindReader headset. NeuroSky’s brainwave technology can detect human brainwave patterns revealing a person’s mental state. The NeuroSky MindReader then translates the monitored brainwaves into digital signals that the television can recognize. The brain-controlled TV applications allow users to develop control over their concentration and relaxation abilities through entertainment applications. Haier’s Home Cloud Solution provides an exciting “Cloud Family” experience to consumers, a step into cloud service and a milestone in lifestyle change.
- NextGen TV launched on local stations in Rochester, NY
- FCC proposes pricing transparency for cable and satellite services
- Tubi announces new planning integrations and partnerships
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028