Amino showcases 'seamless' PayTV/OTT experience at IBC2012Wednesday, August 29th, 2012
Amino Communications (AIM: AMO), leaders in IPTV/OTT solutions, will showcase a range of enhancements across its product range at IBC 2012 designed to help operators deliver a seamless pay-TV and OTT experience to their customers.
At Amino’s stand – Hall 5 B.40 – visitors can see a range of demonstrations highlighting how content from a range of sources – pay-TV, the open Internet, gaming and home content – can be managed and distributed around the home.
Key highlights include the Amino Live media gateway – the first hybrid/OTT media gateway to be powered by the new Intel® Atom™ Processor CE 5300 SoC. Combining dual core processing power with a range of new enhanced transcoding and encoding capabilities, the Live media gateway delivers seamless multi-screen distribution to TVs, smartphones and tablets around the home.
Visitors to the Amino stand can get “hands on” with a number of demonstrations on the Live media gateway including:
- A new multi-screen gaming offering: Amino partner TransGaming (TSX-V: TNG) will showcase GameTree TV – the premier on-demand interactive entertainment platform for the connected living room. With a catalogue of top global gaming brands, combined with innovative multi-screen technology, GameTree allows tablets and smartphones to be used as second screens and controllers to enhance and heighten the social engagement experience in the living room
- Seamless media sharing inside and outside the home: Amino partner ACCESS CO., LTD. will highlight their NetFront™ Living Connect 3.0, enabling DLNA compliant media sharing inside the home including the demonstration of a multi-platform remote user interface use case with HTML5
- OTT multiscreen social video platform: ACCESSMyTV™ allows operators and CE device manufacturers to leverage the power of social networking to deliver a rich interactive service meeting the consumer demand to find, watch and share personal video channels on any connected device.
Plus Amino will highlight a wide range of enhancements to its Aminet IPTV/OTT range – including:
- Enhanced http live streaming (HLS): showing reliable video service delivery over networks where high contention rates create service delivery challenges – offering operators the opportunity to deliver services “off-net” over the open Internet
- New “carrier grade” Wi-Fi capability via a USB dongle
- OTT trickplay: offering the same smooth fast forward, rewind and accurate skips for HLS-based services as users experience from recorded and live content
- Media playback from a USB stick – offering consumers the chance to play music, video and images from a plug-in device
- OTT recording: offering record and playback of HLS content with full trickplay support
- Multi-screen capability: showing how customers can encode and protect their content once, and then deliver the same content to all end users devices in a standards-based way
- TR-069 capability – allowing operators to remotely monitor performance in the field
- Plus demonstrations of latest middleware, including Minerva 5.3 and Espial Evo 3 HD
Amino CEO Donald McGarva said: “Consumers are increasingly sophisticated in their viewing habits and want to move between live broadcast, catch-up and OTT delivered content in a seamless way. Our products deliver that experience – underpinned by quality integrations and implementations that customers have come to expect from Amino.
“Visitors to our stand can see how we’re responsive we are to the changing dynamics in our industry – and the real world solutions we have to deliver and drive new profitable services.”
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store