Kudelski sells Abilis Systems to ALi CorporationThursday, October 25th, 2012
CHESEAUX — The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S), the world’s leading independent provider of media content protection and value-added service technology, and ALi Corporation (Taiwan Stock Exchange:3041), a professional IC design company with innovative technologies and comprehensive solutions for the digital set-top box market based in Taiwan, today announced that they have entered into an agreement under which the ALi Corporation acquires Abilis Systems SÃ rl from Kudelski. Based in Geneva, Switzerland, Abilis is a fabless semiconductor company providing RF modulators, secure media processors and broadcast-to-IP solutions.
Kudelski and ALi have put in place a security framework whereby ALi will actively support Kudelski in protecting the pay TV content across the set-top box value chain. Kudelski and ALi agree to integrate Nagra On-Chip Security (“NOCS”) onto ALi’s lines of chipsets, resulting in a secure, cost-effective chipset platform powering innovative set-top boxes and modules for pay TV operators.
Both companies will be working to develop new solutions for high growth markets.
ALi envisions that set-top boxes powered with ALi chips and embedded with NOCS will be available to operators in 2013.
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement