Satellite TV subscribers in Croatia pass the 100,000 markTuesday, December 4th, 2012
The Croatian Post and Electronic Communications Agency (Hrvatska agencija za poštu i elektroničke komunikacije – HAKOM) has reported communications market data for the country for the end of the third quarter of 2012.
Satellite TV is the fastest growing segment of the television market with subscriptions once again over 100,000, having increased by nearly 21 percent since a low point of 85,000 in the second half of 2011.
IPTV remains the leader of the pay TV market with more than 350,000 subscribers.
quarterly change annual change Q3 2012 Q3 2012-Q2 2012 Q3 2012-Q3 2011 ------- ---------------- --------------- Cable 144,608 -0.60% 0.12% IPTV 355,869 0.91% 1.93% Satellite 102,763 5.26% 20.93% Digital terrestrial* 892,468 -0.83% -2.69%
* The number of Digital terrestrial households = 1,535,635 (the number of households in the Republic of Croatia according to the 2011 census) – 2.6% (households without TV) – (number of Cable + IPTV + Satellite subscribers)
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles