STMicroelectronics Reports 2013 First Quarter Financial ResultsMonday, April 22nd, 2013
GENEVA — STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM), a global semiconductor leader serving customers across the spectrum of electronics applications, reported financial results for the first quarter ending March 30, 2013.
First quarter net revenues totaled $2.01 billion and gross margin was 31.3%. Net loss attributable to ST was $171 million, mainly due to the 50% share in ST-Ericsson operating loss and restructuring costs.
Q1 2013 – Product and Technology Highlights – Digital Convergence (DCG)
- Earned several design wins for ASICs to be manufactured in 28nm FD-SOI technology.
- Captured a significant design win for Orly in a home-gateway application for a large European manufacturer.
- Won designs for high-end multimedia monitor controllers and DisplayPort transmitters for a 4kx2k project and for 24″ daisy-chain monitors for a large global computer manufacturer.
- Started shipments of Advanced HDMI to DisplayPort converters to a large Taiwanese manufacturer.
- ST’s Orly system-on-chip (SoC) has been selected by Sumitomo Electric Networks, Inc., a major Japanese manufacturer for the advanced generation of smart IPTV set-top boxes from NTT Plala Inc., a leading service provider.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution