Sunplus, One of Asia's Leading IC Suppliers, to use SRS Audio Technologies in New Chipsets Manufactured for TV's and Portable DevicesTuesday, January 8th, 2008
- SRS Labs signs new deal with Sunplus, a global IC supplier, to license four key SRS audio enhancement technologies for use in various chipsets
- ICs from Sunplus will feature TruSurround XT, TruSurround HD, Headphone 360 and Mobile HD for use in TV’s and portable devices
- Sunplus SPV7100 offering SRS technologies will be available in CES 2008
SANTA ANA, Calif. — SRS Labs, Inc. (NASDAQ: SRSL), a leading provider of surround sound, audio enhancement and voice processing technologies, announced today that Sunplus Technology, one of the largest global suppliers of integrated circuits for consumer electronics products, has chosen SRS Labs as their audio enhancement provider.
The licensing deal with Sunplus is for use of four SRS technologies -SRS TruSurround XT®, SRS TruSurround HD™, SRS Headphone 360™ and SRS Mobile HD™ – into a wide range of IC’s that will be used in TV’s and portable devices from various manufacturers throughout the world. This relationship with Sunplus allows SRS Labs a tremendous opportunity to penetrate the portable DVD and media player markets, while further expanding its reach with TV manufacturers.
“We are very excited to be working with SRS Labs and enter into this new partnership,” says Mr. Eugene Wang, the Product Marketing Director of Sunplus. “SRS technologies deliver a superior quality audio experience and are ideally suited for a wide range of feature-rich products. Moreover, it can be easily implemented into our chipsets to provide a flexible medium for our clients to integrate these enhancements into their products, such as portable DVD, media players and TV, in a more satisfying audio performance. Sunplus SPV7100 is the first state-of-the-art TV SoC single chip to have SRS technologies embedded. We believe by Sunplus advanced video, audio multimedia function capabilities, SRS audio technologies can extend Sunplus to offer feature-rich, performance-driven high audio quality products to the market. We do acknowledge the value of SRS technologies contributed and SRS fully support in this cooperation.”
Each SRS audio technology offers a variety of features and benefits depending on the type of product it is integrated into. For example:
For Portable Devices:
- SRS Headphone 360™ enables an accurate surround sound headphone experience over standard stereo headphones or earbuds. Users enjoy an immersive surround sound experience from surround”‘encoded or discrete multi-channel audio sources.
- SRS Mobile HD™ is a total audio enhancement solution that enables portable products to deliver immersive 3D audio from stereo music content and compelling surround sound for the exploding mobile TV market.
- SRS TruSurround XT®, the leading virtual surround sound technology, processes any multichannel audio source to create a realistic surround sound experience over a two-speaker playback system. Users also enjoy maximum bass, improved dialog clarity, and the broadest listening “sweet spot.”
- SRS TruSurround HD™ processes any multichannel audio source to create compelling virtual surround sound from 2.0 to 3.1 speaker configurations. Users also enjoy realistic clarity from high frequencies, maximum bass, improved dialog clarity, and the broadest listening “sweet spot.”
“SRS Labs is pleased to welcome Sunplus into our platform partner program,” said Ricky Wong, Regional Sales Director, Greater China Region for SRS Labs. “Sunplus brings with them years of experience in producing innovative IC solutions as well as a growing list of high-volume customers who are eager to differentiate their designs using our audio processing technologies. We look forward to working with them to provide their customers with superior quality solutions.”