AT&T U-verse TV subscribers top 5 millionTuesday, July 23rd, 2013
233,000 U-verse TV subscribers added, topping 5 million
DALLAS, Texas — AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) today reported continued earnings gains for the second quarter with increasing revenue growth driven by strong mobile data growth, solid postpaid net adds and continued strong gains in wireline consumer and U-verse services.
U-verse Hits 9.4 million Subscribers
Total U-verse subscribers (TV and high speed Internet) reached 9.4 million in the second quarter. U-verse TV added 233,000 subscribers to top 5.0 million in service. U-verse high speed Internet had a net gain of 641,000 subscribers to reach a total of 9.1 million. Overall, the company had a net loss of 61,000 wireline broadband subscribers, an improvement over last year’s loss but still reflecting typical seasonal pressures. Total wireline broadband ARPU was up 9 percent year over year. Total U-verse high speed Internet subscribers now represent 55 percent of all wireline broadband subscribers compared with 40 percent in the year-earlier quarter.
Total U-verse Video Connections (thousands):
30/06/2013 30/06/2012 % Chg ---------- ---------- ----- Total 5,001 4,146 20.6% Net Change Three Months Ended 233 155 50.3% Six Months Ended 465 355 31.0%
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution