ONO TV subscribers down 17,000 in 4Q 2013Saturday, February 1st, 2014
MADRID — Grupo Corporativo ONO, the leading Spanish fiber-based communications and entertainment services company, announced today that it ended last year with strong growth in the number of new services subscribed to by its clients, at over 5,234,000.
Ono is starting to benefits from its highly-focused commercial strategy, based on high-speed data transmission, convergent telecommunications services and advanced TV services, such as TiVo. These are offered over its fiber network, the largest in Spain, reaching 7.2 million homes and covering approximately 45,000 kilometers.
Ono made strides in TV services, notably via TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO), the advanced PVR service which in the last quarter alone added more than 65,000 clients. At the end of 2013, 323,000 clients – more than 40% of Ono’s TV service customer base – enjoyed TiVo, one of the most advanced TV services in the Spanish market, which consistently wins plaudits from its users. Additionally, since November, all of ONO’s TV clients enjoy the new Ono TV Online service.
ONO’s aim is to position TiVo as the benchmark product in the pay-TV market, differentiating the company from its competitors via advanced services and innovative and easy-to-use features.
Operating data (´000)
Sep-13 Dec-13 ------ ------ TV 807 790
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store