Any Video, Anywhere - High Definition Web and Wireless Video Converge on On2's Booth (Hall 1 A55) at Mobile World Congress 2008Monday, January 28th, 2008
On2 to demonstrate the latest High Definition hardware and software video coding technologies for the handset
Tarrytown, NY — On2 Technologies, Inc. (Amex: ONT), a leader in video compression solutions, today unveiled plans for Mobile World Congress being held in Barcelona, February 11 – 14 2008. Following its recent acquisition of Hantro Products Oy, a leading mobile video company, On2 will present a complete portfolio of video technologies that enhance the web video experience and bring it to the palm of your hand.
Consistently at the forefront of web video technologies, On2’s TrueMotion® codecs deliver Internet based video content through applications and services provided by companies such as: Adobe, Skype, AOL and Move Networks, amongst others. With wireless Internet access becoming faster and more affordable than ever before, mobile consumers now have unfettered access to this content. As consumers increasingly expect a High Definition experience, On2 is uniquely positioned to offer the technologies for unprecedented mobile video experiences.
“For many years our proprietary codecs and, more recently, our Flix® publishing software have been providing the internet community with high quality, low bandwidth and low complexity solutions for sharing video on their desktops.” says Bill Joll, President and CEO of On2 “Now, with Hantro fully integrated with On2, we uniquely bridge the worlds of web, VoIP and mobile video.”
Joll continues: “Chosen by leading device and semiconductor companies because of their ultra low power, high performance and proven interoperability, the embedded hardware and software standards based codecs Hantro is renowned for are pre-requisites in multimedia handsets. By adding our proprietary TrueMotion solutions to this mix we provide chip and device manufacturers with a one-stop-shop for the video technologies required to bring successful next generation multimedia handsets to market.”
With a common thread of making HD possible in extremely resource constrained environments and low bandwidths, On2 will be demonstrating solutions for the creation, sharing and consumption of video over the web and wireless. Visitors to the booth will see an array of desktop and embedded codec implementations and application solutions targeted for chip and handset vendors, network operators and content site owners.
Planned demonstrations to include:
- TrueMotion VP7™ – the codec used in Skype video conferencing for high quality, full screen video conferencing, capable of 720P HD video at 300kbps with fixed camera encodes.
- TrueMotion VP6-S™ – the codec used in Adobe®Flash® Player 8 and 9 which is designed specifically to allow HD video playback in power restricted applications.
- TrueMobile™ – a mobile video solution based on On2’s proprietary TrueMotion VP7. Enabling the fast deployment of compelling mobile video services, TrueMobile is capable of delivering high quality video with data rates as low as 20Kbps.
- Hanto RTL designs enabling ultra low power real time encoding and decoding up to HD resolution video. The designs are targeted for baseband and application processors destined for mobile phones and consumer electronics.
- Flix Engine – a video transcoding application SDK for UGC site servers, used by a majority of the 10 top UGC sites.
The On2 Technologies booth, #A55, is located in Hall 1 and executives will be available to meet at the booth throughout the show. To schedule a meeting in advance, email email@example.com