Magine TV announces full launch in GermanyFriday, April 25th, 2014
Magine TV, the cloud-based TV service, has closed its beta platform and launched commercially in Germany. With over 60 national and international channels available, including ARD, ZDF, RTL, RTL II, VOX, ProSieben, Sat.1, Bloomberg TV, Al Jazeera, Nickelodeon, Sport 1 and Eurosport 1, Magine TV offers users a genuine online alternative to traditional free-to-air television, available across all screens including smartphone, tablet, Smart TV and computer.
In addition to these key channels, which are available to watch on Magine TV for free, additional bundles of pay TV channels will be available. From April 2014, a Kids Package can be purchased for 4.99 EUR per month, incorporating channels such as Boomerang, Cartoon Network, Nick JR, YFE and Duck TV, with other channel packages to be made available over the coming weeks and months.
To coincide with the commercial launch in Germany, Magine TV has also announced a joint venture with BILD, becoming the official partner for BILD FERNSEHEN. As part of this collaboration, users can register and access Magine TV directly via BILD.de and computerbild.de.
Kamal Bherwani, Chairman of Magine TV, comments: “The full launch of Magine TV in Europe’s largest market represents an important milestone for our international expansion plan and the future of TV. Magine offers an omni-channel TV experience with a tremendous amount of content available for consumers. The day when a complete TV service with all major broadcasters can be offered over the Internet has arrived.”
Mattias Hjelmstedt, CEO and Founder of Magine TV, comments: “We are delighted that we can now offer users access to the next generation of TV with such a comprehensive selection of major German channels, and look forward to providing the best possible viewing experience for our customers. We also welcome new international content partners such as Viacom, Turner, Bloomberg, Al Jazeera, with many more to come.
By working in partnership with content providers, Magine is able to maximize a broadcaster’s reach by offering viewers new ways to access content, and these relationships also allow us to comply with all existing legal requirements and procedures. This, along with the intuitive and simple user experience of Magine TV, makes us a credible and exciting choice for content-providers and viewers alike.”
Channels currently available in Germany:
- Principal Broadcasters (Free): ARD, ARD HD, arte, Comedy Central, DMAX, Einsfestival, Eins Plus, Eurosport, joiz, kabel eins, KiKa, Nickelodeon, n-tv, N24, Phoenix, ProSieben, ProSieben MAXX, RiC, RTL, RTL Nitro, RTL II, SAT.1, SAT.1 Gold, Sport 1, SIXX, Super RTL, VOX, VIVA, tagesschau 24, TLC, ZDF, ZDF HD, ZDF info, ZDF kultur, ZDF neo, 3sat
- Regional Channels (Free): Bayerisches FS Nord, Bayerisches FS Süd, BR-alpha, hr-fernsehen, MDR S-Anhalt, MDR Sachsen, MDR Thüringen, NDR FS HH, NDR FS MV, NDR FS NDS, NDR FS SH, Radio Bremen TV, rbb Brandenburg, rbb Berlin, SWR Fernsehen BW, SWR Fernsehen RP, SR Fernsehen, WDR Aachen, WDR Bielefeld, WDR Dortmund, WDR Düsseldorf, WDR Essen, WDR Köln, WDR Münster, WDR Siegen
- International channels (Free): Al Jazeera, BBC World, Bloomberg TV
- Kids Package (4.99 EUR/ month): Boomerang, Cartoon Network, Nick JR, YFE and Duck TV. Other channels will be added to this package over the coming months.
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration