SingTel mio TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2014Thursday, May 15th, 2014
SINGAPORE — Singapore Telecommunications Limited (SingTel) reported a resilient fourth quarter, with net profit up 4% year-on-year to S$898 million even as the Australian dollar and regional currencies weakened significantly against the Singapore dollar. In constant currency terms, net profit would have grown 13%.
Singapore Consumer Home
For the fourth quarter ended 31 March 2014, Consumer Home Services revenue comprising residential mio TV, fixed broadband and voice, grew by 5.8%. The number of customers on bundled triple/quad play services also grew 6.1% to 368,000 as at 31 March 2014. mio TV further expanded its revenue by 47% helped by enriched content suite and bundle upgrades. Fixed broadband revenue was impacted by promotional offers in a highly competitive environment.
Number of residential TV customers (000s):
YoY 31 Mar 31 Dec 31 Mar Chge 2014 2013 2013 % ------ ------ ------ ---- 418 418 404 3.5
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store