Digital TV in 84% of Dutch householdsTuesday, July 22nd, 2014
AMSTERDAM — According to the first-half 2014 Media Standard Survey (MSS) produced by TNS-NIPO for Stichting KijkOnderzoek (SKO), the primary provider of official television audience ratings in the Netherlands, digital television is now in 84% of Dutch households, with more than one in three households (36%) having a hard disk recorder.
The percentage of Dutch households with digital cable was 56%, up from 53% in the second half of 2013. 8% of households have only digital terrestrial TV (DTT), and 6% have a satellite dish. These numbers were 9% and 5% in the second half of 2013. IPTV is stable at 11% of homes.
The percentage of households with a TV with access to the Internet continued to grow rapidly moving from 18% to 22%.
Dutch household penetration 2013/2014
2H 2013 1H 2014 ------- ------- One or more TVs 97.1% 97.1% Internet access via TV set 18.4% 21.5% Analog cable 31.6% 29.4% Digital cable 53.1% 55.7% Satellite 5.3% 5.9% Digitenne (DTT) 9.1% 8.2% IPTV 11.2% 10.5% Total digital reception 82.7% 83.9% DVD recorder with HDD 15.2% 13.8% Standalone DVR (without DVD) 4.6% 4.5% STB with DVR 20.6% 21.2% TV with built-in recorder 3.5% 3.3% Total HDD Video Recorder 36.0% 35.9%
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store