NEOTION selects Em-Sys Media-OS for DVBeacon media gatewayMonday, September 8th, 2014
NEOTION selected the Media-OS, the TV Operating System as the middleware for its DVBeacon Headless Home Media Gateway
SAINT MARTIN D’HÈRES — NEOTION is demonstrating at the IBC2014 the new DVBeacon concept, a Twin Tuner Headless Satellite Home Media Gateway for Pay-TV Operators. Consumers all over the world want Premium content as well as the features of a Home Media gateway. The DVBeacon allows now Pay-TV Operators to satisfy their needs at an attractive price.
The DVBeacon has two tuners, a smartcard interface, an Ethernet connection, two USB2.0 ports and optional internal Hard Disk Drive. Any client connected on the Home Network can get then a set of services from the Home Media Gateway, such as:
- Watch Premium TV Linear or Video recorded content on client devices including Smart-TVs, HDMI Dongles on Legacy TVs, Tablets and Smartphones, by launching an APP;
- Access to hybrid services either from Broadcast and/or Broadband;
- Record content, from Live menu or from EPG at any time;
- Share any type of Media, across the local home network;
- Load and run applications like games.
The DVBeacon demonstrates all the flexibility and the capabilities of the Media-OS. “Em-Sys is very pleased with the partnership with NEOTION. We can offer a complete and secured solution for Pay-TV operators, that includes Multi-screen, Multi-room and OTT applications” states Abdelhak Radouani, CEO of Em-Sys.
NEOTION’s, Chief Technology Officer, Christophe Genevois, stated: “Em-Sys, with its software solution and expertise, was the obvious partner for NEOTION to move quickly from the marketing concept to a real solution. It allows us to address the Pay-TV market with an innovative and cost-effective Headless Gateway concept”