Marvell adds 4K UltraHD SoC to ARMADA 1500 familyWednesday, September 10th, 2014
Marvell Expands its Award-Winning ARMADA 1500 Platform Family with New Innovative 4K Ultra HD SoC
- New ARMADA 1500 PRO Quad-core 4K Ultra HD SoC extends the company’s leadership in enabling global service providers with high performance, secure and cost effective multimedia solutions
AMSTERDAM and SANTA CLARA, Calif. — Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) today announced that it has extended its award-winning ARMADA® 1500 family of multimedia processors to include the new innovative ARMADA 1500 PRO quad-core 4K Ultra HD SoC (88DE3214). The ARMADA 1500 PRO 4K features its enhanced award-winning Qdeo® video processor capable of supporting ULTRA HD content, a powerful 12K DMIPs Quad Core ARM CPU, a sophisticated security solution from leading revenue security provider, Verimatrix and an advanced multi-core 3D graphics processor. Marvell’s sophisticated Ultra HD SoC creates new Smart TV and set-top box implementations, enabling service operators to deliver cost effective, small form factor and elegant consumer devices.
“To enable next generation immersive entertainment experience from the big screen, a true 4K Ultra HD performance with robust security and advanced graphics is a must,” said Weili Dai, President and Co-Founder of Marvell. “It is our passion and mission to accelerate the mass adoption of new technologies for the benefit of all consumers around the world. I am very thankful for the dedicated and innovative global engineering teams at Marvell for continuously making great contributions to our industry.”
“Verimatrix and Marvell have been collaborating to bring premium content security to a new breed of STB platforms being launched by operators that mix OTT, IP, broadcast services alongside entertainment-centric TV applications,” said Petr Peterka, CTO of Verimatrix. “With the latest ARMADA 1500 PRO 4K enhanced security engine and TrustZone support, we continue to extend our proven security platform and include UltraHD support with our next-generation VCAS Ultra solution that includes additional innovative security features such as VideoMark forensic watermarking.”
With the rollout of 4K premium content, the ARMADA 1500 PRO 4K offers strong content security that service operators demand in platforms that provide OTT & traditional broadcast TV. The Ultra HD platform features a robust secure processor with Trusted Rendering Path as well as full TrustZone® support that meets the strict and evolving guidelines for premium content broadcast.
In addition, Marvell is delivering a strong portfolio of SDKs in the ARMADA 1500 PRO 4K platform including both Android and RDK. Service Operators are depending on new open standards software platforms with proven ecosystems to enable this Content & application convergence across all the screens.
Key product features include:
- 3840×2160 (UHD) at 60 frames per second 10 bit HEVC Video Decode: Decodes highest resolution video, a critical feature that consumers will demand with the mass installment of 4K TVs over the next several years.
- Up to 12K DMIPs Quad Core ARM CPU: Allows operators to deploy rich media/web based TV applications and Android TV services for enhanced viewing experience.
- Multi-core GPU, 8 shader Vivante GC3000: Enables a compelling UI and powerful GPU needed for gaming apps that service providers are now offering to subscribers.
- Robust Security Engine: Security features include Trusted Rendering Path and full TrustZone integration, which ensures the protection of premium content on the Android platform and meets the strict standards of service operators and content partners.
Marvell will be showcasing the company’s latest innovations for enhancing the Smart Life and Smart Lifestyle. Visit Marvell in Hall 1, 2nd Floor Balcony Suite BM18 during IBC, September 12-16 in Amsterdam.