Holland's Videoland launches VoD app on Samsung Smart TVsWednesday, November 12th, 2014
Videoland takes up battle for Dutch VoD customer with platform overhaul
- Platform upgrade brings significant functionality and content improvements
AMSTERDAM, Netherlands — Videoland has launched its new VoD app on Samsung Smart TVs, with other devices following soon. With the release of the completely redesigned TV app, Videoland is taking the battle to Netflix and other players in the Dutch VoD market head-on.
The renewed Videoland platform offers both TVoD for Hollywood blockbusters and SVoD for library content, in addition to Videoland-exclusive content such as hit series ‘The Blacklist’. The app, created by Amsterdam-based TV app developer 24i, introduces several new features and compatibility with an extended range of TV-platforms. Among the new features is the option to have multiple user profiles in one account, individually keeping track of each user’s preferences and progress in films and series.
“Competition in the VoD market is soaring, so it was necessary to take Videoland to the next level. Now, the combination of premium content and an excellent user interface based on the latest technologies delivers a one of a kind experience”, says Co Mast, CEO of Videoland’s parent company The Entertainment Group.
Martijn van Horssen, CEO of 24i, comments: “Videoland is a sophisticated application that is a hundred percent ‘future-proof’. Both Videoland and 24i are on top of new developments in the market, it is exciting to see how all this knowledge comes together in a single application.’’
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics