HBO GO launches on Xbox One in U.S.Thursday, November 20th, 2014
Today, HBO GO is arriving on Xbox One in the U.S. Now you can get every episode from every season of your favorite HBO shows right on your Xbox One.* That means you can watch the latest episodes from shows like “True Detective,” “Game of Thrones” and “Girls,” along with your favorite hits like “Entourage” and “The Sopranos.”
What’s more, HBO GO on Xbox One features Kinect voice and gesture control so you can easily search the entire catalog with the wave of a hand or quick voice command.
“Xbox is one of our subscribers’ favorite ways to access HBO GO and its incredible breadth of award-winning programming,” said Jeff Dallesandro, Vice President, Digital Domestic Network Distribution, HBO. “Now, Xbox One users can get in on the action and Kinect with the very best HBO series and films on this innovative, state-of-the-art device.”
For more information on cable providers to authenticate the HBO GO app, please visit HBO’s website.
* Authentication required; not all HBO subscribers can authenticate as availability is based on the carriers in your area. The following is a list of TV providers that authenticate HBO GO on Xbox One: AT&T, Bend Broadband, Blue Ridge Communications, Cablevision, Charter, Comcast’s Xfinity, Cox Communications, DIRECTV, Dish Network, Grande Communications, HTC Digital Cable, Massillon Cable/Clear Picture, Mediacom, Midcontinent Communications, RCN, Suddenlink, Time Warner Cable, Verizon, and Wow!
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak