HDMI Forum releases 2.0a specificationWednesday, April 8th, 2015
HDMI Forum, Inc. Release 2.0a Specification
- Enables Transmission of High Dynamic Range (HDR) Formats
SUNNYVALE, Calif. — HDMI Forum, Inc., a non-profit, mutual benefit corporation, today announced the completion and release of Version 2.0a of the HDMI® Specification. It is available to current HDMI 2.0 Adopters via the HDMI Adopter Extranet.
The specification has been updated to enable transmission of HDR formats, which provide enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image. The HDR-related updates include references to CEA-861.3, CEA’s recently published update of HDR Static Metadata Extensions.
“We recognized that HDR would be a critical feature as the industry evolves. Our support for HDR enables our 800+ HDMI 2.0 Adopters to develop market-leading products that include HDR and will maintain interoperability across the entire HDMI ecosystem,” said Robert Blanchard, President of the HDMI Forum, Inc. “Along with the publication of the CEA extensions, the HDMI Forum continues to update the HDMI Specification and remain closely aligned with leading CE standards organizations.”
“By adding HDR, the HDMI Specification continues its history of supporting the latest formats and technologies planned for Hollywood content,” said Arnold Brown, Chairman of the HDMI Forum, Inc. Board of Directors.
HDMI Licensing, LLC will be attending NAB in Las Vegas on April 13-16, 2015 in the North Hall, Booth #N3716.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution