Prodea shows home connected with Eutelsat SmartLNBMonday, April 13th, 2015
The Eutelsat ‘smartLNB’ and Prodea ROS® Platform Go Beyond TV
- The combined offering enables service providers to deliver a suite of compelling content and applications to any subscriber that can see a Eutelsat satellite, from media and entertainment to the broader Internet of Things
LAS VEGAS, NV — Eutelsat Communications (Euronext Paris: ETL) and Prodea Systems, Inc. are for the first time unveiling the capability for service providers to offer a highly competitively-priced suite of connected TV services to consumers located in Eutelsat’s global footprint. This capability is possible through the combination of Eutelsat’s ‘smartLNB’ and Prodea’s ROS® platform. The companies are demonstrating the complete solution at the NAB Show in Vegas beginning April 13th, 2015.
Eutelsat’s “smart LNB” is a low-cost modem that bundles satellite reception of TV channels with a narrowband satellite return link for short transmissions of IP packets. As such, it opens the door for broadcasters to grow beyond their current offerings of linear television to an interactive and individualized set of services beyond TV.
Prodea is the first company to develop seamless access to the broad range of services comprising the connected home and the emerging Internet of Things (IoT). Prodea delivers on this promise through ROS®, a managed services delivery platform that enables traditional and emerging service providers worldwide to deliver seamless access between people, services, data and devices in a fashion never before available.
The combination of the two technologies will enable the following types of services to be delivered to users:
- Satellite TV (SD and HD) and/or Live IP Streaming with electronic program guide (EPG) supported and personal video recording (PVR) capabilities
- Push Video-On-Demand supporting both subscription and transaction video-on-demand business models
- Over-the-top (OTT) video and music services that are optimized for delivery via satellite
- A wide range of IoT services that include: Home Monitoring, Security, Control, Access, Energy Management, eHealth & wellness, eLearning, and eGovernment services
“Our relationship with Eutelsat is a great example of how two disruptive innovations can be combined to deliver an even greater impact on the market,” said Anousheh Ansari, CEO and Co-Founder of Prodea Systems. “By deploying Eutelsat’s ‘smartLNB’ with Prodea’s ROS® platform, we can bring the next generation of Internet enabled services to a far wider audience through our service provider partners.”
“In developing the ‘smartLNB’ solution we knew we had a compelling proposition to enable our customers to enjoy Live TV and Video-On-Demand on all screens throughout the home with a high level of interactivity and reliability, said Antonio Arcidiacono, Director of Innovation, Eutelsat. Arcidiacono continued, “By combining the “smartLNB” with Prodea’s technology we are able to offer broadcasters and service providers a high-end solution for all types of connected home and IoT applications.”
At NAB, Eutelsat and Prodea invite interested service providers to visit Eutelsat’s booth SU6713, LVCC, to receive a live demonstration of this market leading solution and experience a new generation of Entertainment and IoT services