HbbTV places contracts for HbbTV 2.0 test suiteFriday, July 31st, 2015
HbbTV places contracts for HbbTV 2.0 Specification Test Suite
GENEVA — The HbbTV Association, a global initiative dedicated to providing an open standard for the delivery of broadcast and broadband services through connected TVs and set-top boxes, today announced its selection of suppliers for the HbbTV 2.0 specification test suite. The HbbTV 2.0 specification and the tender process for the supply of HbbTV test suite were announced in February 2015. HbbTV has placed contracts with Digital TV Labs and RTRK for 500 test cases to be included in the test suite. These are in addition to all applicable ones from the HbbTV 1/1.5 test suite and other sources. Test cases have been carefully selected to be the most important ones for the various features in the specification.
Suppliers are expected to begin delivery of the test cases in September 2015 and continue through January 2016. The review process will begin immediately upon their reception and will be handled by both HbbTV members and external third parties.
New test cases will be bundled with the current test suite as they become available and will be listed as ‘additional test material’ pending final approval. This is to ensure that the new tests are visible as soon as possible.
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023