m:tel selects Keepixo OTT encodersMonday, January 11th, 2016
GRENOBLE, France — Keepixo, a leading provider of software-based head-end solutions for IPTV and OTT, announces that m:tel has selected its high density transcoders and mosaic generators for its new OTT multiscreen service.
Keepixo OTT transcoders are used to deliver more than 60 channels using Apple HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) protocol to a variety of devices with different screen resolutions.
m:tel also uses Keepixo Mosaic generators to compose multiple channels into one single view, and produce various sport and promotion mosaic channels for an enhanced user experience.
“OTT and Multiscreen have become an integral part of Telecommunication providers service line-ups. The flexibility offered by our high density OTT transcoders and mosaic generators allowed m:tel to expand their IPTV service and complement it with an OTT multiscreen offering with exciting new features.” commented Jerome Blanc, COO of Keepixo.
“OTT is key to ensure differentiation of m:tel’s TV offer. It also allows us to expand our IPTV service beyond our own access network borders. We selected Keepixo to ensure quick and smooth integration of the new service. We are using Keepixo products to prepare all the content delivered as a part of m:tel OTT Multiscreen platform” says Aleksandar Veselinovic, Head of the Sector for Planning and Engineering of Switching Systems and Services at m:tel.
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023