Bell Fibe TV launches 4K Whole Home PVR in CanadaMonday, January 18th, 2016
Bell Fibe TV launches Canada’s best 4K Whole Home PVR
- Bell 4K Whole Home PVR now available in select markets
- TSN debuts 4K Ultra HD with Toronto Raptors versus Boston Celtics on Wednesday, January 20 at 7:30 pm ET
MONTRÉAL — Bell Canada today announced that Fibe TV customers in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa and Québec City can now purchase Bell’s new 4K Whole Home PVR, the most advanced 4K PVR available today.
The new Fibe TV 4K Whole Home PVR is the smallest available on the market, has the largest recording capacity (up to 150 hours of 4K content) and is the only one compatible with Bluetooth remote control. Bell’s 4K PVR will also be ready for high dynamic range (HDR) broadcasting as the next step in broadcast technology becomes available.
In late February, availability of the 4K Whole Home PVR for purchase or rent will be expanded to all and new and existing Bell Fibe TV customers and to Bell Aliant FibreOP TV customers in Atlantic Canada.
“Innovation has been key to Bell becoming Canada’s largest TV provider, and offering Fibe TV customers Canada’s best 4K Whole Home PVR is another example of our leadership,” said Rizwan Jamal, President of Bell Residential and Small Business Services. “Joining exclusive innovations like Restart, the Fibe TV app and the Wireless Receiver, the 4K Whole Home PVR makes Canada’s best TV service even better.”
Bell’s 4K Whole Home PVR is now available to Fibe TV customers in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa and Québec City for $599. To order the 4K Whole Home PVR or to learn more about Bell Fibe TV, please visit Bell.ca/4k.
In November, Bell became Canada’s largest provider of television services for the first time with more than 2.7 million TV customers across the country. Nielsen Consumer Insights reported in October that Bell Fibe and FibreOP TV were the Top 2 TV services most recommended by customers in Canada*.
Bell Fibe TV and Bell Aliant FibreOP TV have become the top choices for Canadian consumers thanks to a strategy of constant service innovation, including:
- Restart, which lets customers restart TV shows already in progress or up to 30 hours after they started; Resume, enabling customers to change channels while replaying a show, change back to the original channel, and pick up where they left off; and Trending, which lists the 5 most-watched shows in Canada in both English and French at any given time and lets customers switch to watch live or Restart from the beginning.
- The Fibe TV app, which brings Fibe experience to tablets and smartphones with access to more than 300 live and on-demand channels and the ability to fully control TVs with mobile devices including the Apple Watch.
- Wireless TV receivers that let customers put their TVs where they want without drilling holes or plugging in more cables – all that’s needed is a power outlet.
4K on Bell Media
With the Bell 4K PVR and a 4K compatible television, Fibe TV customers can enjoy a growing range of 4K content from Bell Media and other providers. On January 20, TSN will debut the ultimate 4K Ultra HD live sports viewing experience when the Toronto Raptors host the Boston Celtics at 7:30 pm ET. Live 4K production is a bold new frontier for the TV industry, intensifying the live sports viewing experience with enhanced motion detail, increased screen pixel counts, and greater brightness range.
TSN’s 5 national feeds will follow up on this 4K debut with a slate of 4K broadcasts featuring the Toronto Raptors, Toronto Maple Leafs, and Ottawa Senators. Additional broadcasts available in 4K on TSN will be announced in the coming months.
On January 8, Bell Media’s Discovery Canada announced that its premium video streaming service Discovery GO now offers a growing inventory of titles available in 4K on Samsung UHD TV, and that its upcoming original Canadian drama FRONTIER is currently being shot in 4K.
* Findings based on data collected by Nielsen through Bell Customer Interaction Metric research between September 10 and 30, 2015 for the Canadian residential market using custom online panel research.