Orange’s New Livebox available starting May 19thThursday, May 12th, 2016
Orange’s New Livebox revolutionizes the connected world of French households starting May 19th
PARIS — Previewed at the Hello Show on March 16th, the New Livebox was designed by Orange to meet essential needs expressed by its customers. In particular, it responds to a change in uses by offering ultra-powerful connectivity on all of its screens, in every room of the home.
Available starting May 19th, the New Livebox with its TV decoder are offered in metropolitan France with the new Play (from €39.99/month) and Jet (from €47.99/month) offers.
“We’re proud of this box. It responds to the change in needs expressed by our customers, who want unrivalled connectivity and expect an incomparable Internet experience on every screen in the home. The New Livebox feeds into our fibre development strategy in France and will help us achieve our objective of 1.6 million Fibre customers by the end of the year,” says Fabienne Dulac, Senior Executive Vice President, Orange France.
More powerful equipment with super Wi-Fi
With an average of more than seven screens connected at a time in the home, customers expect more quality from their Internet connection. By combining Wi-Fi n (2.4 GHz) and Wi-Fi ac (5 GHz) technologies, the New Livebox’s Wi-Fi is up to four times faster. It’s a revolution for Orange’s fibre customers, who will benefit from cumulative Wi-Fi speeds of up to 1.9 Gbit/sec on their home networks. To bring the best experience to all its customers, Orange’s New Livebox also raises the speeds of the ADSL and VDSL2 networks.
The New Livebox: more freedom, more simplicity
From equipment installation to connection, including access to personal content when away from home (photos, files, videos), the new Livebox delivers the best of Orange’s technology to customers, simplifying their daily lives and accompanying them at every important moment.
Orange innovates with a tool to diagnose and optimize the home Wi-Fi network. Through the My Livebox application, Wi-Fi quality is tested in every room(2), allowing the user to optimize the home configuration and maximize coverage.
Orange is including a 4G Airbox with its New Livebox, to connect equipment immediately to the mobile network pending installation and connection. With the “4G Airbox Confort” option, customers also have Internet access when away from home. Plus, the equipment connects automatically to the 4G Airbox, which stores Livebox login information in memory.
In addition, Orange offers the Livebox Storage option: a hard drive with a capacity of 1 Tb (terabyte) that can store a large volume of content, including more than 500,000 photos or 500 HD videos of 1 hour and 30 minutes, all of which can be accessed remotely via the Orange Cloud application.
Access to the best Ultra HD content
Joined with the power of Orange’s Fibre, the New Livebox offers Ultra HD image quality – four times sharper than high definition.
For an even more immersive experience close to that of the cinemas, Orange is the first operator in France to offer DolbyAtmos® sound enrichment for Fibre customers wishing to discover superior three-dimensional depth of sound that tops the conventional Dolby 4.1 standard.
The Ultra HD content offer is the richest and most diversified on the market and is available starting May 19th for Fibre customers, including:
- 8 UEFA Euro 2016™ in Ultra HD on the TF1 and M6 channels exclusively for Orange TV customers (the opening match, the four quarter-finals, the two semi-finals and the final).
- Films and TV series in UHD on OCS GO and OCS Max
- The Canal+ channel, with UHD programmes including Rugby Top 14 and Football League One matches as well as films and TV series
- Netflix, with hundreds of hours of TV series, films and documentaries in UHD
- Orange VOD offering UHD on nearly 40 recent films, making it the richest UHD catalogue upon its launch
- Ultra Nature, a new travel and great outdoors channel
For the launch of the New Livebox, Orange is also offering specials such as a free three-month subscription to Netflix Ultra HD to new Fibre customers and three Orange VOD films for permanent download.
Offers to take advantage of the New Livebox’s full potential
The New Livebox is available with the new Play (from €39.99/month) and Jet (from €47.99/month) offers.
The Play offer provides the user with the New Livebox and its TV decoder and includes the Livebox Storage and Airbox Confort options, each for €5/month.
- The Livebox Storage option includes the 1 Tb Livebox hard drive and the Orange Cloud application.
- The Airbox Confort option includes a Sim card with 2 Gb/month of mobile Internet for more than 120 hours of surfing. A 10-Gb increase in the data godet at key moments (installation, internet interruption) is provided, and 10 Gb are free for three months during the launch for all new customers of the New Box subscribing for the first time to Airbox Confort.
The Jet offer includes all of the new services : Airbox Confort, Livebox Storage and a 450-Gb TV recorder allowing customers to be connected at all times with the best of Orange speeds.
Offers available in metropolitan France, subject to eligibility. Livebox rental: +€3/month. Services offered may require compatible equipment and content (4K UHD TV, audio equipment compatible with Dolby Atmos, etc.). Connection costs: €50, Airbox Confort, Livebox Storage: €10/equipment.
(1) in comparison with Livebox Play.
(2) Android starting May 19th.
(3) source: Gfk 016