Zoran Demonstrates Latest Set-Top Box and Digital Television Technologies for Manufacturers at CCBN 2008 in BeijingWednesday, March 19th, 2008
Processors Power Digital TVs, Set-Top and Converter Boxes Shipping to Global Markets
SUNNYVALE, Calif. — Zoran Corporation (Nasdaq: ZRAN) is demonstrating its newest digital television, set-top and converter box processors for consumer electronics manufacturers in Hall 1B, Booth B164 at the China Cable Broadcasting Network (CCBN) 2008 conference from March 21 to 23 in Beijing.
Zoran’s SupraHD® 760, 770, and 780 processors power digital television products under brands such as Daewoo, Dell, Hitachi, Best Buy’s Insignia, Orion Electric, Proscan, RCA, Sanyo, Sharp, Sceptre, Toshiba and others.
Zoran’s SupraHD® 741 processors power NTIA- certified ATSC converter boxes for the U.S. broadcast transition including models from AMTC, AccessHD, Apex Digital, MicroGem, RCA, Tivax, and others.
Zoran’s SupraTV® 160 and 130 processors power digital set-top boxes for global markets from manufacturers such as Alba, Coship, DVN Group, Grundig, Homecast, Metronic, Siemens, Strong, Thomson, Xoceco, and others.
“At CCBN, we will demonstrate our latest digital set-top boxes, ATSC converter boxes and digital television platforms for digital TV manufacturers in China addressing global markets. Zoran enables innovative new products that support regional standards for Asia, Europe and North America by developing comprehensive reference designs, including mature software for the China Cable market as well as other emerging standards in Europe, the U.S. and other regions,” said Ram Ofir, senior vice president and general manager, Home Entertainment division at Zoran Corporation.
Zoran’s following digital television and set-top box platforms will be demonstrated at CCBN:
- SupraHD® 670 DVB-T/PAL LCD TV reference design for European Markets
- SupraHD® 780 ATSC/NTSC 1080P LCD TV reference platform for U.S. market
- SupraHD® 741 processor-powered ATSC set-top converter box reference design, already proven in multiple NTIA-certified models for the U.S. market
- SupraTV® 161 and 135-based DVB-C set-top box reference designs for China Cable market
- SupraTV® 135-based DMB-T set-top box reference design for China DMB-T standard market
- SupraTV® 132-based DVB-Terrestrial set-top box for UK market
- High-definition set top box reference design for global markets