Hathway deploys 0.4 million Phase III and IV STBs in 4Q 2016Thursday, February 9th, 2017
MUMBAI — According to its results for Q3 FY17 (ended December 31, 2016), Hathway Cable & Datacom Limited (BSE:533162 NSE:HATHWAY) deployed 0.4 million set-top boxes in Phase III and IV areas during the period. This brings its total STB deployments to 12.2 million, including those of subsidiaries, JVs and associates.
CATV – Highlights For The Quarter Ended Q3 FY17
- For the quarter 0.4 Mn STBs deployed at consolidated level (0.2 Mn STBs at Standalone) total DAS III subscribers base reaches 6.0 Mn.
- CATV subscription revenue for Standalone stood at Rs. 114.1 Cr (YoY + 17%, QoQ +3%)
- Standalone ARPU (Excluding taxes) for Phase I, II & III stands at Rs. 105, Rs 95 (QoQ +6%) and Rs.45 (QoQ +50%) respectively.
- Hathway Connect implementation for DAS I & II markets at 60% (Standalone). Rollout commenced in DAS III markets – Expect to complete migration in Q4.
- Value Added Services to be launched on 9th Feb with 17 services across various genres – Movie, Comedy, Educational, Devotional, Music. Self service app available for customers to activate services instantly. An industry first initiative.
- Mr. T. S. Panesar appointed President of All India Digital Cable Federation (AIDCF). To play an active role in furthering the interest of the industry at a crucial juncture when the new regulation is set to come into force.
- A rate card for carriage and placement implemented so as to ensure transparency in the negotiations with broadcasters.
Cable TV Universe And Boxes Seeded (Millions)
Q3FY16 Q4FY16 Q1FY17 Q2FY17 Q3FY17 ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ Universe 12.0 12.3 12.3 12.9 13.3 Boxes Seeded 9.6 10.6 11.0 11.8 12.2 Phase I 2.4 2.4 2.3 2.3 2.3 Phase II 4.1 4.1 4.0 4.0 4.0 Phase III & IV 3.1 4.1 4.7 5.6 6.0 % penetration 80% 87% 90% 92% 92%
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics