TiVo reports 4Q 2016 resultsWednesday, February 15th, 2017
TiVo Corporation Reports Fourth Quarter and 2016 Full Year Financial Results
SAN CARLOS, Calif. — TiVo Corporation (NASDAQ:TIVO) today reported financial results for the fourth quarter and for the full year ended December 31, 2016.
The Company reported fourth quarter revenue of $252.3 million, an increase of 69% compared to $149.5 million in the fourth quarter of 2015. As expected, revenues were higher than in the comparable period of the prior year due to the completion of the TiVo Solutions Inc. acquisition.
TiVo Business And Operating Highlights – Products
- Approximately 23 million subscriber households around the world use TiVo’s advanced television experiences.
- Virgin Media in the UK launched a 4K Ultra HD set-top box platform including VOD functionality powered by TiVo.
- Panasonic Corporation, one of the world’s top consumer electronics manufacturers, signed a multi-year extension for the Japan market that includes G-Guide, G-Guide HTML and G-Guide xD.
- Rogers, a leading service provider in Canada, deployed Passport 7.
- A leading broadband provider plans to launch TiVo’s innovative new flexible STB software that enables a single low-cost STB to be deployed either as a stand-alone Cable STB, as a client to an in-home DVR, or as a full IPTV client.
- Astra Telekom, a privately-held Serbian telecom operator, will use Cubiware’s middleware solutions to provide enhanced IPTV services to customers throughout Serbia.
- Reliance Jio Media Pvt. Ltd. selected TiVo’s CubiTV to power advanced entertainment experiences for subscribers in India.
- A leading developer of smart TV remote apps licensed TiVo’s metadata for smartphones and tablets.
- A leading streaming music service provider added TiVo’s artist images.