Vivendi selects Streamroot for OTT video deliveryFriday, April 21st, 2017
Vivendi selects Streamroot for high quality OTT video delivery
- Streamroot DNA™ distributed network architecture offers Vivendi a competitive advantage with a unique delivery solution designed to increase viewer quality of experience
NEW YORK, NY — Streamroot Inc., the leader in hybrid over-the-top (OTT) video delivery, announced today that it has entered into an agreement to help Vivendi SA, a French multinational mass media conglomerate, deliver large-scale OTT video content through its patented Streamroot DNA™ service.
With a wide-ranging multimedia offering that includes Universal Music Group, Dailymotion, Gameloft and Canal+ Group, Vivendi has faced mounting delivery costs from traditional content delivery networks (CDN) as the appetite for OTT video continues to increase exponentially. In a quest to ensure profitable growth while offering a differentiating service for its flagship VOD platforms and live sports and TV streaming channels, Vivendi is implementing Streamroot DNA™ to improve quality of experience and cut operating cost across group companies.
“At Vivendi, we strive to maintain and fortify our position by combining the best content at the highest quality regardless if we deliver via satellite or over-the-top. To offer high quality experiences and manage ever growing audiences for OTT, we needed a partner that understood these challenges,” explains Philippe Rivas, VP, Distribution Technology at Canal+ Group. “Streamroot not only offers consistently high quality across group companies and user platforms, but also unlocks great value with its disruptive business model. This agreement is highly strategic for our group,” Rivas adds.
Streamroot DNA™ has proven to be a crucial foundation for cost-optimized over-the-top video strategies by:
- Ensuring optimized video through a distributed and multi-source approach to content delivery
- Offering unique flat-fee economics that materially lowers the cost of running a large-scale infrastructure
- Heightening video performance and quality of experience for end users
“Streamroot DNA™ is the ideal solution for the group’s comprehensive over-the-top offering, combining top quality viewer experience with predictable cost,” say Streamroot Co-founder and CEO Pierre-Louis Théron. “We are thrilled that Vivendi has placed its trust in Streamroot; it is yet another testament to strong industry support for our innovative services.”
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services