AirTies launches Android TV IP set-top version at IBCThursday, September 7th, 2017
AirTies Launches Android TV™ IP Set-Top Box for Operators Worldwide
- New Air 7415, 4K/UHD IP STB offers both price and performance for Android TV
ISTANBUL and AMSTERDAM — Ahead of the 2017 IBCShow, AirTies Wireless Networks, a leading international provider of premium in-home wireless systems and managed IPTV and OTT set-top box (STB) solutions, today unveiled an Android TVTM edition of the Air 7415, a 4K IP STB, to address the growing demand for the Android platform from TV operators.
The Air 7415 STB enables operators to expand their 4K product offerings and replace outdated HD platforms with a cost effective 4K solution and performance that meets the demanding requirements of Android TV. The new Android TV STB seamlessly integrates popular OTT applications alongside operators’ applications and can connect wirelessly to the home network to simplify installation. It is ideal for operators looking to offer their customers 4K for the first time or adding additional 4K STBs in the home.
“Our new 4K Android TV STB is an elegant, powerful, and economical choice for today’s operators seeking to leverage everything the Android ecosystem has to offer,” said Thomas Fehr, General Manager, Set-top Box at AirTies. “With the Air 7415, operators can offer their customers superior 4K image quality and quick access to all the latest video streaming or gaming applications, enabling fast time to market for new services.”
Technical specs of the Air 7415 include
- Hardware: Broadcom’s BCM72604 chipset; 7K DMIPS; 2 GB RAM
- OS/Apps: Android TV; supports leading apps such as YouTube™, Google Cast™, voice controls, games and more
- Video Quality: Support for UHD, HDR and SDR-HDR conversion
- Wireless: 2×2 802.11ac Wi-Fi; and Bluetooth®
- Dimensions/Weight: Compact, fan-less design of 10cm x 10cm x 2cm; 180gr
At the 2017 IBCShow, AirTies will be located in Hall 5, stall 5.A73.
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store