SERAPHIC and WIZTIVI join forces to optimize UI experience on STBsMonday, September 11th, 2017
IBC2017: SERAPHIC joins forces with WIZTIVI to prioritize UI experience on STBs
SERAPHIC, the global leader of digital TV browser, announces partnership with WIZTIVI, leading company in design and development of multiscreen User Interface for broadcast and OTT video services. At IBC2017, the two parties will demonstrate a joint demo, which leverages SERAPHIC’s Sraf® HTML5 Browser with WIZTIVI’s TIMELESSUI® product (CSI awards 2017 shortlisted as best interactive TV Technology), on mainstream STB SoC platform at the show, targeting at prioritizing UI choices for STB manufacturers as well as operators.
Over the past decade, operators have been suffering from the rigidity of software updates for their products. It was almost impossible to deploy an attractive User Interface and have the flexibility to add new features over time.
Xinwen Xue, VP product management of SERAPHIC, introduces, “SERAPHIC’s Sraf HTML5 Browser, the Blink-based WebUI engine, is compliant with the WIZTIVI UI Framework and TIMELESSUI®, providing cross-device, uniform WebUI solutions for pay TV operators.”
How does Sraf HTML5 Browser strongly support WIZTIVI’s technologies?
- It enables multi-process framework and mainstream VoD technologies including DRM systems such as adaptive streaming protocols, PlayReady and Widevine, giving full play of the hardware platform with multiple CPU and GPU cores.
- It also supports the latest HTML5 specifications including Web Speech, WebSock, WebGL, Canvas 2D/3D，MSE/EME, etc., which provides Web-based UI solution for developing modern devices.
WIZTIVI’s multiscreen TIMELESSUI brings modularity and maintainability to multiscreen videos experience, which addresses both design and time-to-market challenges. Together with SERAPHIC, WIZITIVI provides a single platform for multiple UI delivery. With features of the UI adapted to the environment of the targeted device, manufacturers are able to improve animations, transitions and flexibility.
Manuel DUJARDIN, CTO at WIZITIVI, comments, “Both SERAPHIC’s expertise in browser technology combined with WIZTIVI’s UIs, can combine the TV features needed by media and operators and offer an engaging and multiscreen video experience.”
IBC attendees can experience the demo set from SERAPHIC’s booth (N12, Hall 14) at RAI Amsterdam, September 15-19, 2017.
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak