Marlin DRM announces Enhanced Content Protection for UHD contentMonday, January 15th, 2018
Marlin DRM Announces Solution for Enhanced Content Protection (ECP) for UHD Content
SUNNYVALE, Calif. — Marlin DRM, the only open standard Digital Rights Management (DRM), today announced a compliance and robustness (C&R) framework for enhanced content protection (ECP) for ultra-high-definition (UHD) content. This solution conforms with requirements set by the content industry.
The new C&R rules for ECP define security and content protection requirements for Marlin-based products that distribute UHD, 4K, and early-release window audiovisual content. The rules apply to chipset manufacturers (and integrators of content protection logic into hardware-based trusted execution environments), smart TVs, set top box manufacturers that integrate high security chipsets, and service providers. Marlin DRM’s self-certification process has been expanded to accommodate services, device manufacturers, and chipset manufacturers to comply with these new C&R rules around ECP.
“Marlin DRM has always led the way in video protection and management,” said Hide Hosokawa, Co-President of the MTMO. “These new C&R rules allow adopters of the world’s leading open standard for DRM to deploy and monetize the highest quality content in compliance with Hollywood’s most exacting security requirements.”
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store