ATEME integrates AV1 codec into its TITAN video delivery solutionTuesday, April 3rd, 2018
ATEME, the All CODECs Video Delivery Leader Introduces a New Level of OPEX Efficiency with The Alliance for Open Media Royalty Free AV1 CODEC
PARIS, DENVER, SINGAPORE, SAO PAULO — ATEME, a global leader of compression solutions for broadcast, cable, DTH, IPTV and OTT, will showcase a production ready AV1 CODEC in the TITAN video delivery solution at this year’s NAB.
Using TITAN and the Alliance for Open Media AV1 CODEC, operators can deploy a royalty free solution, for both the video headend and the decoder-player; furthermore, the AV1 high video quality enables significant CDN savings.
Leveraging the TITAN software modular architecture, AV1 is enabled via a simple software upgrade, and can be used along HEVC, H.264 and/or MPEG2 TITAN converged headend outputs.
“ATEME has a proud tradition of pioneering research and continues to be in the forefront of innovation, from our investment in the first production ready H.264 10bit 422 encoder, through the first HDR UHD deployment to AV1 support in TITAN” said Michel Artières, CEO of ATEME “we expect AV1 customer deployments to start in Q2 and to go into production later this year”.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution