Vubiquity extends on-demand distribution deal with TurnerWednesday, April 4th, 2018
Vubiquity, Recently Acquired by Amdocs, Renews Deal with Turner
- Deal expands to OTT Distribution, Live-To-VOD fast-turn and VOD distribution across Multiple Channels
ST. LOUIS — Vubiquity, now part of Amdocs (NASDAQ: DOX) and the leading provider of premium content services and media technology solutions, has extended its long-standing relationship with Turner as the primary distributor of its On Demand content. Vubiquity distributes TBS, TNT, Cartoon Network, CNN and other Turner networks to 60M+ households across North America and Canada.
As part of this new deal, Vubiquity will be the premium content digital distributor for OTT platforms as well as Vubiquity ’s LIVE-TO-VOD (L2V) Solution for Turner’s portfolio of networks, providing fast-turn, high-quality broadcast capture from live mezzanine-level feeds to generate VOD assets. The L2V solution will be used for Turner’s C3 assets(1) to maximize advertising revenue in the window following broadcast.
“We are proud to have Turner as a key customer and look forward to continuing our relationship with them to build more dynamic solutions, as the industry continues to evolve,” said John Smith, Senior Vice President of Sales for Vubiquity, Amdocs.
1. C3 refers to assets that carry the ‘three days’ worth of advertisements for shows included in Nielsen’s standard viewing measurement, C3.
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi