HiSilicon and Vewd to develop pre-integrated OTT platformWednesday, May 9th, 2018
HiSilicon and Vewd Initiate Global Strategic Partnership
OSLO, Norway, and LONDON — Vewd, the global market leader in enabling OTT, and HiSilicon Technologies Co., Ltd, one of the world’s leading chip manufacturers, today announced a joint Global Strategic partnership and will develop turnkey OTT software solutions directly on HiSilicon’s chipsets. This collaboration gives device manufacturers a seamless path to offering the industry’s most-trusted streaming platform and all of the leading OTT services consumers expect, with no extra integration work required.
For more than a decade, Vewd has invested heavily in its chipset partners, creating the deepest value chain integrations in the OTT industry. Since 2015 alone, Vewd has invested nearly 150 man-years in pre-integrating its OTT platform on major silicon, now further expanded with the inclusion of HiSilicon. These investments mean that, by selecting HiSilicon’s Vewd-enabled chipsets, OEMs have a number of advantages out-of-the-box:
- A complete end-user experience with certified TV applications: A modern end-user experience available automatically, complete with content search and discovery spanning all popular use cases, along with the manufacturer’s choice of nearly 1500 premium TV apps covering all major geographies
- Lifecycle management: For those nearly 1500 apps, Vewd handles the heavy lifting of contracting, certifying, delivering and maintaining these TV apps so they work flawlessly on devices using HiSilicon chipsets, ensuring both a guaranteed time-to-market and ongoing security or end user updates
- Deeply integrated: Driver-level integration means OEMs have an OTT platform deeply optimized to take advantage of the unique capabilities of HiSilicon chipsets. This results in the best possible consumer experience without burdening the OEM with excessive integration or optimization costs
HiSilicon chipsets are compliant with the latest content protection requirements from premium content owners, so OEMs adopting these chipsets know their devices will support the most in-demand premium OTT content, including UHD content. The integrated solution ensures Vewd’s content partners that their content will be secured by HiSilicon and flawlessly displayed by Vewd.
“Our silicon partner program is the hallmark of Vewd’s continued success in this space. We’re constantly thinking about how we can better serve our OEM customers and we find ourselves increasing our commitment to pre-integrated solutions on chipsets,” said Aneesh Rajaram, CEO, Vewd. “By working closely with HiSilicon and making these significant investments, Vewd plays its part in mitigating launch risk for OEMs and better serving the overall OTT value chain with high-performance solutions.”
“Partnering with Vewd to deliver these solutions on our TV chipsets is a great win for us and our addressable OEM market,” said Kun Luo, GM of TV Product Line, HiSilicon “Our new TV chipsets push the limits on performance, and as we aggressively expand in the global market it was important to work with Vewd, the world-leader in streaming television. Investing in this partnership means we can offer manufacturers the most secure path to market, without challenging and expensive integration work.”
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement