Vubiquity wins Verizon managed services deal for all on-demand contentTuesday, July 31st, 2018
Vubiquity, an Amdocs Company, Wins Verizon Managed Services Deal for All On-Demand Content
- New automated workflows introduced to support expansive video portfolio on Verizon’s Fios Platform
ST. LOUIS — VUBIQUITY, an Amdocs (NASDAQ: DOX) company and a leading provider of premium content services and media technology solutions, today announced its managed services and technology platforms will provide the processing and packaging of Verizon’s vast video on-demand (VOD) and Pay Per View (PPV) portfolio across the Fios multiscreen platform. This deal also continues to include a content licensing component which is an extension of the prior relationship.
“Verizon remains vigorously focused on making content personal with video that can go anywhere to meet the demands of even the most discerning customers,” said Heather McDavitt, vice president of Verizon Fios Consumer Products.
As the bridge to over 630 content owners, Vubiquity will be supplementing Verizon’s expansive collection of assets across existing and future formats, including but not limited to 4K and High Dynamic Range (HDR). In addition, Vubiquity will make all of this media and entertainment available in a variety of business models, including TV on-demand, rental, PPV and Electronic Sell-Through (EST). This will allow Verizon’s customers to watch a robust selection of films and TV shows from major blockbusters to smaller independent films, as well as television series and digital assets from more than 100 media brands on any device.
“We are pleased to expand our partnership with Verizon as they continue to innovate for consumers across the complex and transformative media landscape,” said Darcy Antonellis, Head of the Amdocs Media Division.
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023