ACCESS and ZEASN usher in next gen Smart TV experiencesThursday, September 6th, 2018
The collaboration combines ACCESS’ expertise in connected entertainment with ZEASN’s smart TV app store and embedded WhaleOS
“Smart TVs have changed radically over the past twelve months, becoming much more intuitive to use. Yet, there is still work to be done to ensure all types of consumers can use the full potential of their smart TV and help the content industry to generate more value from their smart TV apps,” said Dr. Neale Foster, CEO of ACCESS Europe. “Our collaboration with ZEASN enables us to leverage our deep expertise in connected entertainment on all devices, while ZEASN simplifies the creation, maintenance and monitoring of dedicated smart TVs apps and app stores.”
The ZEASN WhaleOS Smart TV OS combined with ACCESS’ NetFront™ Browser BE
The joint solution is based on ACCESS’ NetFront™ Browser BE, an embedded Chromium Blink based HTML5 browser SDK supporting HbbTV, Freeview Play, Hybridcast and YouTube at its core, and ZEASN’s TV store and embedded WhaleOS. WhaleOS is a Smart TV OS providing efficiency and best performance as well as all new Smart TV features required on modern TV devices. ZEASN’s products are already used by tier-1 customers including AOC, Cultraview, CVTE, Haier, Hikeen, Konka, Philips and more. Through the partnership, the two companies will provide an efficient HTML platform that adheres to the latest requirements of the TV industry, and enhances the quality of experience of ZEASN’s Smart TV App Store on Linux and Android devices.
ZEASN customization service using ACCESS NetFront™ Browser BE
“We are committed to providing better services to digital home users worldwide, and we are always on the lookout for the right partners to help us on this mission. With an incredible track record enabling consumers to access the content they want, wherever they want and on the platform of their choice and an innovative spirit that resonates with ours, ACCESS was the perfect fit for us,” said Jason He, CEO of ZEASN. “It is exciting times for the TV industry: new use cases are popping right, left and center to deliver on consumers’ expectations for connected entertainment. By working with ACCESS, we are ensuring that we deliver on this demand for content that can be accessed everywhere, all the time and in a heartbeat, directly on smart devices.”
Through a single operator-branded gateway, the collaboration between ACCESS and ZEASN enables Smart TV manufacturers and the entertainment industry to offer:
- A modern browser-based platform for multimedia content access
- Localized high quality apps and games for TV devices
- A customizable app gallery
- Device management for user authentication and remote TV software configuration
- App, Video & TV show search and recommendation engine ready for personalization
- Advertisement platform integrated with App Launcher
- Pre-integrated payment solutions for seamless subscriber interaction worldwide
ACCESS solutions have been shipped in over 1.5 billion devices worldwide, from Smart TVs, smartphones and tablets through to game consoles, e-Readers and connected cars. Customers include Hisense, JVC Kenwood, NHK Publishing, Reliance Jio Infocomm, Toshiba and a number of car manufacturers.
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA