Espial introduces fully managed Android TVaaS solutionMonday, September 10th, 2018
Espial Introduces Fully Managed Android TVaaS Solution for Video Service Providers
OTTAWA, ON — Espial today announced a fully managed TV-as-a-Service (TVaaS) solution for Android TV, including support for Android TV Operator Tier set-top boxes and Android TV retail devices.
Powered by the Elevate Cloud IPTV Platform, the Android TV solution helps operators get to market quickly, allowing them to monetize, retain and grow their valuable video customers by providing them with:
- Custom Android TV Leanback Launcher, an engaging user experience, and a complete set of video services including LiveTV, Video on Demand, Time-Shift TV and Network DVR
- Rich consumer features such as voice navigation, personalized discovery, content posters, universal search across OTT apps and operator content – all powered by Android TV
- Full cloud control for operator-specific branding and promotional campaigns
- Data visualization and powerful analytics, allowing for analysis of patterns and trends to drive data-based decisions
- Managed Android TV Operator Tier experience on multiple set-top boxes, including options for white labeling low-cost set-tops, and enabling revenue models for rental and leasing
- Android TV Retail apps for Smart TVs and other consumer devices
Espial’s Elevate Cloud IPTV Platform mitigates risks and eliminates the need for video service providers to invest major upfront costs by providing a managed TVaaS solution that includes:
- Fully managed software lifecycle for Android TV upgrades and integration with device partners, allowing operators to quickly deploy the latest innovations from Google and the Android TV ecosystem
- Experienced personnel and a proven 24/7/365 Network Operating Center (NOC), currently managing millions of active devices
Michael McCluskey, VP Product Management, Espial, said: “Android TV has become a key platform for many service providers. We have tapped into the latest functionality from Google and have combined it with our operational depth and experience to offer a TV-as-a-Service solution for Android TV. By integrating Android TV into our Elevate cloud ecosystem, operators can bring Android TV services to market quickly and with low risk, while taking advantage of the latest innovations.”
Espial will showcase their Elevate Cloud IPTV Platform in stand 5.C80 at IBC Show 2018 in Amsterdam from September 14-18.